WALL-E Region B BluRay disc playing issues (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the update Chris :)

That VC-1 decoder setting is a bit of a "gotcha!". I'll file that away in the memory banks... though with the advent of LAV, I suspect people are not using ffdshow so much these days.

From my side I've been meaning to continue looking at the madVR flicking issue, but every time I go to look at it I seem to run into other problems. As a result, I'm starting to get the feeling that something isn't right. For example, sometimes I'm able to access a menu successfully... but after restarting the same BR (even same MP session) I'll get an MP crash or be dumped back to the MP GUI video list when I try to access the menu again. This inconsistency is really frustrating.

@Sebastiii
    It seems at least some of my errors come from failure to load the JVM:
    [collapse]
    hdmv_vm.c:558: _jump_title(1)
    bluray.c:3445: HDMV event: 3 1
    register.c:420: bd_psr_write(): PSR4 (TITLE_NUMBER) 0x0 -> 0x1
    bluray.c:3095: PSR change: psr4 = 1
    bdj.c:728: bdj_open()
    bdj.c:260: Opening c:\jdk1.7.0_17\jre\bin\server\jvm ...
    bdj.c:718: Failed to create new Java VM. JNI_CreateJavaVM result: -4
    bluray.c:3224: Can't play BD-J title 1
    bluray.c:2056: bd_read(): no valid title selected!
    bluray.c:1644: bd_seek_time(41505174165846492) failed: invalid timestamp
    bluray.c:1541: BLURAY destroyed![/collapse]

The "-4" result (JNI_ENOMEM) seems to mean not enough memory... but I think I have plenty. :confused:
    I tried to attach JDB to get more info but I got zero output. Either I failed to attach JDB properly or the JVM doesn't give any output.
    In desperation I tried doubling the Java heap and stack size to 512 MB and 4 MB, but it didn't help.
    Then I tried halving the heap size to 128 MB... and it seems to work better now (!!!). :confused:
    Do you have any clues about what might be going on?
    Not enough contiguous memory in the application memory space or...???

If i'm not wrong, i remember this but maybe the issue still occur, this is why we add to build MP with the largeawareadresse that push 2GB contiguous memory otherwise Java failed randomly.
    This batch MSBUILD_MP_LargeAddressAware.bat
    (EditBin.exe %MediaPortal%\MediaPortal.Application\bin\%1\MediaPortal.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE) :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    By the way...
    @chris123
    As part of my effort to figure out what's going on in my own setup, I managed to patch and update MP to the bleeding-edge-latest version of libbluray. Since I assume this is the same version used by VLC, I wonder if it might help with the old NVidia 8300 "interlaced lines" issue that you reported. Patch is attached in case you're interested to try it. :)

Hi :)
    There is a mix of libbluray from Nevcairiel based on VLC one and addon from Tourettes so not sure if it's ok :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...this is why we add to build MP with the largeawareadresse that push 2GB contiguous memory otherwise Java failed randomly.
    Ahhh, but did you know that LargeAddressAware flag only affects 32 bit applications running on 64 bit Windows?
    It doesn't help on 32 bit versions of Windows like my XP (but also including W7 32 bit, W10 32 bit etc.):
    64-bit versions of Windows | My Blog on Oracle Weblogic

No wonder I have so many problems! :(

There is a mix of libbluray from Nevcairiel based on VLC one and addon from Tourettes so not sure if it's ok :p
    I added the required modifications from Nev and tourettes, so it is working in local testing... ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @chris123 @Joaquin
    The fix for FFDShow and other codecs ("dynamic media type change") will be included in MP 1.16 final.

Out-standing questions:
    • chris123 to confirm whether the latest version of libbluray solves the text rendering ("interlaced lines") problem
    • mm1352000 further investigation of the madVR flicking problem

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    chris123 to confirm whether the latest version of libbluray solves the text rendering ("interlaced lines") problem
    Finally got a chance to look at this on my main PC, and I am a bit stumped at the moment as MP crashes out with a Windows error shortly after selecting the 'Menu' option. Rolling back to the previous libbluray has not solved it - will try again tomorrow (HTPC + GT710 still working fine, bar an occasional BSOD unrelated to Blurays I need to track down).

Cheers

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Finally got a chance to look at this on my main PC, and I am a bit stumped at the moment as MP crashes out with a Windows error shortly after selecting the 'Menu' option. Rolling back to the previous libbluray has not solved it...
    Hmmm, odd. That's exactly the kind of thing that's been bothering me. I'm a big fan of things that are reliable, and therefore I want MP to be reliable too. Feel free to throw log files up. The Watchdog tool includes the Windows application and system event logs which may enable me to figure out what's causing your crashes.

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, so as I don't normally use this PC for MP the simplest option was just to do a fresh install of 1.16.0 and start again:

1. Fresh install -> UP Bluray goes through to main menu (interlaced lines)

2. Fresh install + the 4 updates from post 76 (BDReader.AX, Core.dll, libbluray.jay, libluray-j2se-0.6.2.jar) -> UP Bluray goes through to main menu (interlaced lines)

3. Fresh install + the 4 updates + the 2 files from 288340_libbluray_latest.zip -> UP Bluray causes MP to crash

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
    Application Version: 1.15.100.0
    Application Timestamp: 585d0f8d
    Fault Module Name: BDReader.ax
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 58910b72
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00007c8d
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Cheers

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Chris, I suspect I was not explicit enough with the installation instructions - sorry.

To install 288340_libbluray_latest.zip correctly you must:
    1. Replace existing bluray.dll and libbluray.jar with the new versions in the zip file.
    2. Remove existing libbluray-j2se-[old version number].jar.
    3. Make a copy of libbluray.jar and name it libbluray-j2se-[new version number].jar.
    In this case [old version number] happens to be 0.6.2 and [new version number] happens to be 0.9.2.

Let me know if that doesn't solve the crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom