Watching previous recordings while recording is in progress (1 Viewer)

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2015
Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Recently, I had occasion to update the firmware of my HD HomeRun PRIME to the most recent version. Also, Windows 10 automatically installed an update or two. As a result, any time I attempt to watch a previous recording when a scheduled recording is in progress, I get a warning that the recording in progress might disrupt the playback. Also, several of my most recent recordings seem to "break up" about midway through the playback. However, prior to the updates, I did not have this problem. What might be causing this, and how can I correct it? (I'll upload the watchdog reports in a subsequent posting.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...I get a warning that the recording in progress might disrupt the playback.
    Which program is giving you this warning?

Unless you've mis-transcribed the message, I can't imagine it would be MediaPortal because there's no connection between previous and in-progress recordings (...and therefore there's no way for a disruption to occur).

What might be causing this, and how can I correct it?
    I'll have to wait for log files...

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It happened when I first ran the program and it was showing the main screen. It also happened when I was checking my list of scheduled recordings. I just ran the Watch Dog program and it should have sent you a zip file. To more precisely reproduce what happened, however, it looks as if I'll have to wait until 3 PM my time (UTC-6) tomorrow, when I have another recording scheduled. Sorry about any delays in the log files, but I've had several other computer difficulties over the past two days (including problems with my bank's online facilities!), so my plate has been rather full recently, to say the least!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just ran the Watch Dog program and it should have sent you a zip file.
    The watchdog doesn't ever send us anything. It creates zip files for your convenience so that you can attach it to your post. If you don't attach it, we get nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom