Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

xenophobe

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
Hi There,

I'm aware that all your programming efforts go into the realease of MP 0.2 but at present state the browser plugin is unusable on a 16:9 display with a resolution of 1360 x 768.
Why doesn't anybody care or just posts a message ?

Has anybody got an alternative which is usable from about 3m distance and doesn't waste one third of the screen ?

Regards,
John

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
The mozzila activeX component is required for the webbrowser to work... before I installed it I just got a blank screen... maybe you forgot to install it?

It is linked for download in the webbrowser page, but can probably be downloaded from the web, just search for "mozzila activex" or something to ths effect.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

xenophobe

Portal Member
March 8, 2006
It looks like nobody cares....

xenophobe said:
Hi There,

I'm aware that all your programming efforts go into the realease of MP 0.2 but at present state the browser plugin is unusable on a 16:9 display with a resolution of 1360 x 768.
Why doesn't anybody care or just posts a message ?

Has anybody got an alternative which is usable from about 3m distance and doesn't waste one third of the screen ?

Regards,
John

RoyN

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
I *think* it is probably just a question of editing the theme for that particular screen and changing the size of the browser window.

I didnt look at it but one would suppose thats how its done.

Maybe if instead of saying "doesnt anyone care", you could have said "can someone just give me a hand and point me in the right direction for obtaining xxxxxx" you would have recieved a better response....

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    RoyN said:
    I *think* it is probably just a question of editing the theme for that particular screen and changing the size of the browser window.

Unfortunately it is not configurable through skin configuration. People have requested such a feature for the plugin:

Olodin said:
    Mr.Mitchell said:
    It would be very convenient if it was possible for skinners to set the size of the browse area in skin, for example through a custom control. Also for widescreen skins it could be usefull.

I was also looking for such a control to change the size for the browser area. In all widescreen skins (Razor, Bluetwo 1280 and MCE) there is too much unused empty space below the browser area. The width is okay though.

Could this be added to the plugin?

xenophobe

Portal Member
    March 8, 2006
    Olodin said:
    Unfortunately it is not configurable through skin configuration. People have requested such a feature for the plugin:

Hey thanks for this message.

As 16:9 displays get bought more often, this point will be of interest for a growing group of MP users I suppose.

Regards,
    John

bedlam

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    it would be nice if you could get the same or similar navigation as you do with the linux console webbfrowser Lynx. it would probably work with a remote?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As a feature request with the 16:9 skin. I think it would be nice if the mini-viewer could continue to work (after the TV station was set) and then the user could surf the internet while continuing to watch TV. I think this would be so cool!

I have asked for this once upon a time - back when the author was first working on it and thought it time to bring it back up.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom