Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (3 Viewers)

Alvinder

Portal Pro
May 19, 2006
Hi,

I am using this plugin and now i can use firefox on mediaportal without any issues.

I bought dinovo mini and the problem is there is no F3 key on the keyboard.

Is there a possibility to set the default as keyboard.

Please advise.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's my problem too!

I have a little Bluetooth-Keyboard, but there are no F-Keys...

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    At the moment there is no other option for switching to "Keyboard input" mode,
    because all normal keys (A-Z, 0-9, etc...) are not very useful for this because you need this keys for typing text :p
    But if you are always using a keyboard for surfing, maybe for you it is an better option
    to start Firefox directly with Multishortcut-Plugin and not with FirefoxIntegrator!?

nominefi

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hello

Is possible to use this plugin with MP 1.1.0.0 alpha?

I can´t because the shortcut can't run in this version of MP

thanks

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would like to be able to perform mouse actions with my remote control. Googling came up with FirefoxIntegrator, so I have just installed MediaPostal and FirefoxIntegrator. All went very smoothly.

After starting Firefox I found that I could not do anything with my remote. Thought first it was issues of fullscreen, focus etc, but now realize that the main problem is that I am using the Hauppauge remote control (have the same problem when I start Firefox with the MultiShortCut Plugin).

So, is there any way I could modify the Hauppauge irremote.ini to send the mouse actions of FFI or do I have to get another remote control such as Imon?

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is possible to use this plugin with MP 1.1.0.0 alpha?
    thanks

...sorry but i don't have any influences to this,
    you have to wait, until "Multishortcut-Plugin" will be created to run with MP 1.1.0

Would like to be able to perform mouse actions with my remote control. Googling came up with FirefoxIntegrator, so I have just installed MediaPostal and FirefoxIntegrator. All went very smoothly.

After starting Firefox I found that I could not do anything with my remote. Thought first it was issues of fullscreen, focus etc, but now realize that the main problem is that I am using the Hauppauge remote control (have the same problem when I start Firefox with the MultiShortCut Plugin).

So, is there any way I could modify the Hauppauge irremote.ini to send the mouse actions of FFI or do I have to get another remote control such as Imon?

...i think Hauppauge remotes are controlling MP directly without keyboard shortcuts
    but FirefoxIntegrator is only able to understand MP keyboard shortcuts.
    You may want to take a look at EventGhost. It allows you to map any key of your remote to keyboard shortcuts.

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Thanks! Did have a look at EventGhost. First it complained that I did not have X10 installed, and when I tried the mouse options, I was told that I must not use Hauppauge IR32.exe. I have too much invested in the Hauppauge irremote configurations of many programs to want to abandon it. I just want to add the functionality of being able to handle mouse actions in Firefox with the Hauppauge remote.

So, if I do get an MCE Remote and configure MP to use that and not Hauppauge, will it then work with FFI - using the Hauppauge IR receiver - or do I also need to get the MCE IR receiver? And I can still use the Hauppauge remote or all my other stuff?

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks! Did have a look at EventGhost. First it complained that I did not have X10 installed, and when I tried the mouse options, I was told that I must not use Hauppauge IR32.exe. I have too much invested in the Hauppauge irremote configurations of many programs to want to abandon it. I just want to add the functionality of being able to handle mouse actions in Firefox with the Hauppauge remote.

So, if I do get an MCE Remote and configure MP to use that and not Hauppauge, will it then work with FFI - using the Hauppauge IR receiver - or do I also need to get the MCE IR receiver? And I can still use the Hauppauge remote or all my other stuff?

Sorry, but i think i am not able to help you with this...
    As i know, also MCE remotes are integrated directly into MP and no keyboard shortcuts are used, which are needed by FFI.
    Maybe an other user can give you some tips, how to create simple keyboard shortcuts with your Hauppauge remote...

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    I am not sure if you have understood me. I am perfectly happy with using Firefox (without Media Portal) with the Haupauge remote sending the keyboard shorcuts, except that I would like to add the functionality of having a virtual mouse also handled by the Hauppauge remote.

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Have red you posts again. Are you saying that FFI (mouse mode and text mode) only can act upon keystrokes sent with an iMon remote??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom