Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

Crabstick

Portal Pro
June 5, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi Crabstick,

I liked the way the caracters are display, and I wish the numbers also were displayed in the same way! It is now quite easy to copy your script to add more caracters like / \ * etc.

I believe the numbers are displayed the same way, aren't they? Keep pressing number 2 and '2' is displayed eventually. Or what did you mean?

Did not quite understand the *=browser as I did not see any sign of that in your script. Or did you mean that separately from the script you have dedicated the * button to reset the mode to browser?

I mean *-button on MCE remote which sends (-character. So in my script ( is mapped to "page back". I should have said "page back" not "browser back". Hope this helps!

Cheers

Edit: Above I said "my script" which is hardly appropriate. I just added a minor tweak to the original. So all credit still to the original author.

hallergard

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Got it! I must be reacting slowly or my machine (computer and remote) needs more time to display the letters than yours. I need abt 0.35 sek per keystroke if I want to see the displayed number before hitting the next. By the 4th keystroke I have run out of time. So I changed the C_KeyInputTime: to 3000 and voila! - I can see all the numbers and @ as well. If you want to text "at" the wait after hitting "a" of 3 sek before you can hit the "t" must seem as an eternity to a Nokia texting champion. I can live with it, but will try to tweek it down to maybe 2.5 sek.

Had the idea of using button 1 for this squence like on my mobile phone: . , - ? ! " @ : ; / \ ( ) * 1 Probably need 5 sek, which will seem a bit long for the other keys. Maybe just include those signs that are really important for texting to search boxes type Google? Maybe include "AND" "OR" and "NOT"? Maybe spread to all the keys allowing 6 characters per button? Maybe use other buttons for the special characters? Will need to think about this.

Cheers!

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: New version released! V1.4

Forgot about this one, the changes you made in 1.4 are exactly what i wished for.... (keyboard mode)

Sorry for the late reaction, but Thx a lot :)

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    FirefoxIntegrator without MediaPortal

Last autumn I was googling, searching for virtual mouse capability. I found FirefoxIntegrator and therefore installed MediaPortal. I have no real use for MP as I use the Hauppauge WinTV7 for watching TV, and for music and family videos I prefer my own html menus using Firefox in combination with my default video player (VLC). Anyway I did install MediaPortal to get the FirefoxIntegrator. Am very happy about FFI (even more so after the SMS improvements by Crabstick), which allows me to handle BBC iPlayer and youTube from the TV couch using only the Hauppauge remote control.

MediaPortal works fine, but uses 150 MB of RAM, which on my old desktop slows things down. So I tried double clicking on the FirefoxIntegrator.exe and to my surprise it started Firefox with the SMS & mouse capability - without starting MP! However, when exiting Firefox it wanted to start MP. By hacking away most av the script under F_Exit: and F_Minimize: (keeping ExitApp and WinClose Mozilla Firefox) that could be avoided. Starting FFI like this does not consider the MP config instructions, so the initial website argument has to be added on the command line in Irremote.ini. Can have multiple start sites (different buttons) using the same FirefoxIntegrator.exe. To exit I use the Irremote.ini command = h{close(firefox.exe)}.

The above is valid for my main partition, Windows XP. Thought I would try this also on the W2K partition, where I don't have MP installed. It works just the same!

Hope this helps someone with limited RAM.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    New version released! V1.5

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/webbrowser-firefoxintegrator-48903/#post332665

New freatures:
    - Display characters at SMS like text input.
    - Timer at SMS like text input will be reloaded at every keystroke, key input time changed from 1700 to 1200ms.
    - Characters for key 1 SMS like text input changed.
    - Keywords AND, OR and NOT added to SMS like text input keys 2 and 6.
    - Startup of Firefox changed, because fullscreen command (F11) sometimes was not received by Firefox.

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    hey, i'm a new user of this plugin and it looks great, given it a quick test, and quickly realised that i need to use the 'keyboard' input mode, since im not using a remote, and am using a keyboard. this is fine and seems to work great. the only problem is, that i have to press F3 to change to keyboard mode everytime i open it. personally im not that bothered about this, but i think some of the family that might be using the HTPC probably wont remember this or anything, so it would be brilliant to know if there is a way i can get it to default to using keyboard style input instead of SMS or whatever the default currently is.

thanks!!

hallergard

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Why use FirefoxIntegrator if you are not using a remote controller?? You can use the keyboard shortcuts with Firefox without using the FirefoxIntegrator. Google "keyboard shortcuts firefox" to find them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom