Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

Callumgw

Portal Pro
June 2, 2008
Home Country
Tried the recommendations, and it worked at holding FF at the front for the FFI, but not for the script version. As soon as the script finishes it hands control back to MP and it pops back to the front.

The ALT-F4 command (close APP on the Imon remote) still shuts down MP instead of FF though, for both options. Seems that you have to go click the cross or File-Exit.

The other thing is that your script doesn't exit, so If you got to FF once then close it and go back to MP, the next time you launch FF from within MP, you get a "the script is already running do you want to end it?" error message...Is there any way to kill the script when you kill FF?

C

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
...The other thing is that your script doesn't exit, so If you got to FF once then close it and go back to MP, the next time you launch FF from within MP, you get a "the script is already running do you want to end it?" error message...Is there any way to kill the script when you kill FF?

...yes of course, this is logical!
You have to exit with ESC, DEL or BACKSPACE and NOT manually by ALT+F4 or directly by closing Firefox.
Only if you use these keys, which are also used e.g. for navigating back in MP menus, FirefoxIntegrator will be closed,
because most users don't have ALT+F4 on their remote!

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it also possible to control Firefox simply with a keyboard? I have an RC but also the Keysonic mini keyboard so using the RC for sms-like typing isn't really necessary in most cases for me.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Is it also possible to control Firefox simply with a keyboard? I have an RC but also the Keysonic mini keyboard so using the RC for sms-like typing isn't really necessary in most cases for me.

Yes, since version v1.4 there is an additional input mode for this available; "Keyboard" !

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, since version v1.4 there is an additional input mode for this available; "Keyboard" !

Ok thanks but now I also remember why I never tried this plugin... I saw the "How to install.." :eek: man what a hassle! MP really still has 2 downsides: you really have to spend lots of time going through the forum to find the nicest skin and the best plugins and for some plugins to work correctly you have to go through such a hassle to get them working.. and then even more to get them working with your own skin..

:sorry: not to bash this plugin or the creator, it's really a great plugin. I just hoped it was a download, install and use thing. Now I'll have to see when I have time to go through this... not tonight.

Callumgw

Portal Pro
June 2, 2008
Home Country

oh good, I was just about to ask....last night tried to type in a web address with my dinovo mini keyboard and all sorts of crazy things were happening!

Then do all of the keys map correctly to characters? What about backspace and delete, can these be used for text? leaving [esc] to quit FF?

C

Ok thanks but now I also remember why I never tried this plugin... I saw the "How to install.." :eek: man what a hassle! MP really still has 2 downsides: you really have to spend lots of time going through the forum to find the nicest skin and the best plugins and for some plugins to work correctly you have to go through such a hassle to get them working.. and then even more to get them working with your own skin..

:sorry: not to bash this plugin or the creator, it's really a great plugin. I just hoped it was a download, install and use thing. Now I'll have to see when I have time to go through this... not tonight.

It's actually not that bad, too installs and about 1 minute set up. The comprehensive write-up takes about as long to read as the install to do.

C

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Then do all of the keys map correctly to characters? What about backspace and delete, can these be used for text? leaving [esc] to quit FF?

This informations from the first post at "Version history" should answer your question ;)

V1.4 (03.05.2009):
- Added new key command [F3] "Info" to switch through all input modes.
- New input mode created: "Keyboard input" mode.
In this mode all shortcuts are deactivated, except of F3, F5, F6, F7, F8 and Esc!

=> Backspace and Delete can be used, Esc will still exit Firefox!

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

tried to install this plugin, but fail at step "7) Select "Plugins" - "FirefoxIntegrator" - "Config" ". Always get this message :

Code:
    Missing file ! : C:\Programme\Team MedlaPortal\MediaPortal\language\MultiShortcut\strings_en.xml

What went wrong? :confused:

Greetings BERND

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

tried to install this plugin, but fail at step "7) Select "Plugins" - "FirefoxIntegrator" - "Config" ". Always get this message :

Code:
    Missing file ! : C:\Programme\Team MedlaPortal\MediaPortal\language\MultiShortcut\strings_en.xml

What went wrong? :confused:

Greetings BERND

I think you have not installed MultiShortcut plugin. If it is installed correctly, the "missing file" is in that path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom