Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

Skar

Portal Pro
July 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

first of all, great Plugin!! thx much.

I have one Problem tho. No Remote commands are working in Firefox. It seems like they are still sent to MP since my Powerbutton on the remote, which is bound to Hibernate sends my PC to Hibernate like if i was still in MP.
I use a X10 Medion remote.

I also tried your little key debug script but it doesnt even recieve the remote commands.

thx
Skar

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
...No Remote commands are working in Firefox. It seems like they are still sent to MP since my Powerbutton on the remote, which is bound to Hibernate sends my PC to Hibernate like if i was still in MP.
I use a X10 Medion remote.
I also tried your little key debug script but it doesnt even recieve the remote commands.

This seems to be the same problem as described by some MCE remote users...
If you use the MediaPortal internal remote controller implementation, MediaPortal will be controlled directly
by the remote commands and no keyboard shortcuts (e.g. like iMON does) are produced which are needed by FirefoxIntegrator:

FirefoxIntegrator uses the default MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts which are listed here:
KeyboardShortcuts - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
If your remote does not operate with these shortcuts, an option could be to use
HIP, Girder or EventGhost to map your remote controller keys!

...maybe also IR Server Suite could be an option!?
There is an other "Plugin" which also uses the MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts and operates similar
as FirefoxIntegrator: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/blu-ray-hd-dvd-player-powerdvd-working-solution-32268/ maybe you can find some useful informations there!?

I am not able to give detailed support to MCE or X11 remote users because i don't own one of these remote controllers
:sorry:
the only thing i can do is to give some tips which could help to get closer to a solution.

I hope also some other users can give feedback about this!!!

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria

wrenhal

Portal Member
November 25, 2005
Great plugin / suggestions

I have just come across this and it is exactly what i was looking for in the way of internet video sites. I have figured out that you can't have media portal set to always be on top or the ff window never shows. It's also good to make sure to have ff set to open new popups in tabs. This avoids multiple windows being open. I did find some things that I thought would be interesting, I'm not a programmer though so can only suggest.
1) Maybe have a config app to create dynamically a bookmark.htm file with a look similar to mediaportal with the persons added links to specific sites, then set this file as the command line argument on script startup. wala, instant start page to all your favorite online links.
2) A way to set the close option to something other than ESC. Reason for this is I like to fullscreen youtubes/espn360/hulu videos and it's so much easier to hit the esc. key than to find the box to minimize it. If you esc. from fullscreen it closes the script process, opens mediaportal and leaves firefox open. ???

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
New version released! V1.3

FirefoxIntegrator V1.3
New freatures:
- Added key command [h] "Home" to minimize Firefox and go back to MediaPortal Home menue.
At the next start of FirefoxIntegrator Firefox will only be maximized.

Heather

Portal Member
September 13, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This looks fantastic, can't wait to try it out. Hopefully my newbie numbskull will manage to install and use this. Thank you so much for your efforts.

BTW how do you "thank" someone?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    BTW how do you "thank" someone?

Hi there

every post (not your own :D ) will have a thanks button at the bottom with the rest of the buttons (REPLY, QUOTE...). If I recall correctly, it will be visible after your 5th forum post.

ThePlayerPPC

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where can i get the FirefoxIntegrator_MultiShortcutConfig.jpg picture?
    I set all up like described in the first Post, but i have no Webbrowser in Home or Plugins directory start FF3 from MP.

deadkenny

February 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Phunky:
    I have never used "Google Chrome" so i don't know, if it supports a fullscreen mode and if it is possible
    to control it by key shortcut's!? Maybe i will give it a try in the future, but in the moment i am happy with Firefox.
    Do you see any advantages with "Google Chrome"?
    Big advantage for me is the speed. It launches incredibly fast compared to Firefox. The tabs and address bar take up very little space and the bookmark bar can be turned off. I'm not sure about fullscreen mode, although there is a feature where you can make a page an "application" as they call it, which gives you a shortcut on the desktop and on launching you get a window with pretty much just the page, made to look like it's a normal windows app rather than a browser.

I'm currently using MediaPortal on my Samsung NC10 netbook, hooked up to my HDTV on occasion (at 1920x1080). It's working out an excellent little media player (on an Atom processor!) and can do up to 720p files. Being a netbook I try to keep installations to a minimum and haven't even bothered with Firefox as Chrome is better for a netbook (speed and the larger page area which is important on a 600 pixel height display!).

Things like BBC iPlayer work fine in Chrome and I think last time I tried it will play the HQ streams fine too. Hence my interest in integrating into MediaPortal :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom