WebGrab++ - TVToday - Quick Install Guide (3 Viewers)

Leboeff

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have a problem and i hope you can help me. I´am not a programmer, so I try to do my best. :)
    The grabber don´t grab from www.tvinfo.de and i don´t no what´s wrong.
    I edit the config file with the tvinfo.de.xml from the site.ini.pack.
    In the tvinfo.ini on C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\tvinfo.ini I have change nothing.

In the log file is the fail:

Channel ard site -- TVINFO.DE -- update mode incremental
    No Index Page data received from ard
    Unable to update Channel

and a lot of:

Channel dw-tv site -- TVINFO.DE -- update mode incremental
    Error downloading page: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: encoding (5sec)
    Retry 1 of 4 times
    Parameter name: encoding (10sec)
    Retry 2 of 4 times
    Retry 1 of 4 times
    Retry 2 of 4 times
    Retry 1 of 4 times
    Retry 2 of 4 times
    Suspicious title in index page = Enjoying the Country Life - A Village that Doesn't Want to Give Up
    differs from title in showdetails = Enjoying the Country Life

enclosed the log file, config file, tvinfo.ini and the guide.xml

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english. :)

Attachments

• webepg.rar
      12.7 KB

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    La Gomera, Canary Islands
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi LeBoeff,

I fear that tvinfo.de has changed drastically. As you noticed, it doesn't work anymore.
    I advice to use any of the other German sites in the siteini.pack.
    It's on the list of things to do to update tvinfo.de.ini. So keep looking at a possible update .

WG++Maker ... Jan

Leboeff

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, then I take another one. In the Site.ini List is www.tvspiefilm.de listed, but in the .zip file I can´t find it?
    Is it under development?
    Thanks for the answering
    I think tomorrow I have more questions. :-D

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you load/refresh the channel list?

The problem got solved. It seems to me that refreshing the channel list only makes sense when XmlTv got notice of a changed tvguide.xml and imported it fully. I today installed v1.1.1 of WebGrab+Plus and seized the opportunity to make some changes and adjustments. I am not finished yet, the configuration is still bad in 1.1.1 but I will get back to you.

StarWup

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's me again :)
    After a couple of hours work on WG++ it works for me. I was confused by the huge number of configuration files for all sites and all countries. I deleted all the unnecessary .xml-files and kept just what I need. Had to go through my channel list in TV-Server configuration to clean it up, deleted unwatched channels to keep the configuration simple and slim. After that I configured my site file and recognized that I had to include EPG information from other sites for special channels. For example my german provider tvtoday.de doesn't offer EPG information for CNN or BBC.
    Configured WG++ to run daily at 4am and to fetch for 2 days which is for today and the next day. It still runs for more than 1 hour because of downloading series info/imdb information. I think I will switch that off in future. Had the hope that as soon as most series are well-known the rate of already known matches would decrease search time and traffic. But most german series/series with german names are unknown so WG++ looks them up every day.

Will think about running WG++ twice a day or with more days to pre-fetch. Each time I do not use my HTPC for several days I have an empty EPG und have to trigger WG++ manually to refresh.

Great work, great tool! Thank you, Jan!

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    . . . . . . . .
    Configured WG++ to run daily at 4am and to fetch for 2 days which is for today and the next day. It still runs for more than 1 hour because of downloading series info/imdb information. I think I will switch that off in future. Had the hope that as soon as most series are well-known the rate of already known matches would decrease search time and traffic. But most german series/series with german names are unknown so WG++ looks them up every day.
    . . . . .

The MDB postprocessor recognizes AKA (also known as) titles, which are the titles as used in other countries as the country of origin of the show. Of course only if these aka's are listed in IMDb, but that is normally the case for most movies/series and the major languages.

Normally the speed of running the MDB postprocessor increases considerably after the first two runs because:
    The results of the MDB postprocessor runs is stored in a local DB on your computer. For subsequent runs the postprocessor uses this data and doesn't need to reconnect to IMDb for shows already in this local DB. Also shows that are not found in IMDb will be recorded in this local DB and a retry to match it again is only done once, and after that every month.

WG++Maker .. Jan

rene.z

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Jan,

I was wondering if there was any news regarding tvinfo.de?

Best regards,
    René

Last edited:

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    René

I fear it's still a no-go with tvinfo.de :(
    I hope they will finally implement the mobile site m.tvinfo.de, mobile versions are sometimes easier to grab.

WG++Maker .. Jan

rene.z

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Jan,

just out of curiosity: what exactly is the problem with tvinfo.de?

And... isn't there a m.tvinfo.de site?

Best regards,
    René

P.S. The reason why I am asking again is that tvinfo has a quite complete and good coverage og german and austrian channels...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom