WebGrab++ - TVToday - Quick Install Guide (1 Viewer)

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Hello

I tired setting this up today, and all went well until i ran the program... then it crashes...

Actually it is Windows that crashes... (running Win 7 64 bit)

Theres nothing in the log.

I hope somebody can help me, i will provide whatever logs, configs or els is needed.

/Nicki

View attachment 94698

View attachment 94699

View attachment 94700

I think I had something like this happen to me at first. I had to install a missing dotnet library. If I remember correctly, I just redownloaded dotnet webinstaller and it found what was missing.

nogetmedx

Portal Member
October 19, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello

I tired setting this up today, and all went well until i ran the program... then it crashes...

I hope somebody can help me, i will provide whatever logs, configs or els is needed.

/Nicki

View attachment 94698

View attachment 94699

View attachment 94700

I think I had something like this happen to me at first. I had to install a missing dotnet library. If I remember correctly, I just redownloaded dotnet webinstaller and it found what was missing.

I tried reinstalling .NET 4 from the webinstaller, but it still crashes. (I also tried installing WG++ on another PC with the same config file, but i also crashes with the same error).

Ideas anybody?

webgrab+plus error.JPG

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello

/Nicki

View attachment 94698

View attachment 94699

View attachment 94700

First try to use: Fix missing WG++ dependencies. If indeed you computer misses some of the dependecies, this will fix that.

WG++Maker .. Jan

nogetmedx

Portal Member
October 19, 2011
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hello

/Nicki

View attachment 94698

View attachment 94699

View attachment 94700

First try to use: Fix missing WG++ dependencies. If indeed you computer misses some of the dependecies, this will fix that.

WG++Maker .. Jan

First of all, thanks for the reply.

After some further reading, i also found the fix .NET dependencies application, and tried that. I dident work, but i found out why.

It was because of this line in my config file.

<channel update="i" site="tvguide.dk" site_id="6%27eren" xmltv_id="6'eren">6'eren</channel>

This was taken from the siteini.pack9 fra the danish folder.

I replaced it with this line from the other danish site in the folder

<channel update="i" site="ontv.dk" site_id="6eren-hd" xmltv_id="6eren.dk">6eren</channel>

Then everything worked.

ssenyer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2010
    Tekirdağ
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Hi,

WG++Maker, thank you for this great work. It works very well for Digiturk web site (Turkey). I only have timezone problem, but i ll try to fix it.

:D:D:D

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

WG++Maker, thank you for this great work. It works very well for Digiturk web site (Turkey). I only have timezone problem, but i ll try to fix it.

:D:D:D

You can change the value of the timezone value in digiturk.com.tr.ini in the line :
    site {url=digiturk.com.tr|timezone=UTC+02:00|maxdays=6|cultureinfo=tr-TR|charset=UTF-8|titlematchfactor=90}
    This assumes that your computers timezone setting is correct for your location. Then it also automatically corrects for summer and wintertime changes.

WG++Maker .. Jan

p.s. important : If you edit the digiturk.com.tr.ini , make sure that you save it using utf-8 encoding! You can do that in notepad.

honeylaunebaer

Portal Member
    August 11, 2010
    Hi guys,

i quickly scrolled through the thread and didnt find anthing regarding this

i sceduled a task via windows and the first 3-5 grabs worked like a charm and were shown in the TV Guide section of MP, but now it sais this at startup:

errorwebgrabtfj8z.jpg

do you need any logs?

sincerly

honeylaunebaer

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Honeylaunebear,

am I correct that you run WG++ a few times without problems and then at a next start it crashes?

At the exception report I can see that there is a problem when it tries to read the existing xmltv file.
    Have a look at this file, maybe it's corrupt. Can you try to run WG++ again with another xmltv file name?

Also, please send me you log, config and xmltv file. My mailadres is on the cover of the documentation.

WG++Maker .. Jan

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I want to run wepgrab+ under a standard user (as a scheduled task). The exe crashes because it is not allowed to write to the log in c:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\... I've tried to turn logging off in the config file but that didn't help. Is there a way to configure the log path? I set the output path to a public folder so it not a problem to write the tvguide.xml

Regards,
    uxDesign

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I want to run wepgrab+ under a standard user (as a scheduled task). The exe crashes because it is not allowed to write to the log in c:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\... I've tried to turn logging off in the config file but that didn't help. Is there a way to configure the log path? I set the output path to a public folder so it not a problem to write the tvguide.xml

Regards,
    uxDesign

It is not possible to change the path of the logfile.
    Try to change the security settings of the folder C:\ProgramData\Servercare\Webgrab and the logfile to 'full control' for all users.

hope this helps WG++Maker .. Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom