WebInterface on IIS ??? (2 Viewers)

Do you want to see the WebInterface plugin work with IIS?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's IIS?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SimpleSimon

October 21, 2005
Is it at all possible to install the WebInterface "plugin" so it will run on IIS?

I currently use IIS and cannot disable it.

Thanks!

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    I voted "No" for the simple fact that I'm way more familiar with Apache than with IIS, and IMHO works just fine the way it is.

EDIT: now, is this a poll, or a question? I think it's possible to get it to work with IIS, but will require quite some work...

Kind regards,
    Michel

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    SimpleSimon said:
    Is it at all possible to install the WebInterface "plugin" so it will run on IIS?

I currently use IIS and cannot disable it.

Thanks!

Yes it's possible....you need to get php 5 installed on iis, and copy the files to a virtual directory at iis.

Soo please close the poll!

SimpleSimon

October 21, 2005
    It's a valid question... And I can't find any instructions on this forum, or just searching Google so the poll stays.

Hopefully enough folks will vote yes and we can at least get a "How to use IIS" posting someplace.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Here's a starting point for getting it to run under IIS.

Firstly, run the installer, so the files are installed.

Open up Control Panel-> System Properties.

Goto the Advanced tab.

Click Environment Variables.

Under System Variables, find the path entry and select Edit.

Add ;C:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\MPWebControl\apache\bin and press OK, OK and OK.

Then open up the IIS admin console, drill down to the Local Computer -> Web Sites -> Default Web Site item.

Now click the Action menu and goto New, then Virtual Directory.

Using the wizard, give it a alias of 'webscheduler' and direct it to the folder "c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\MPwebcontrol\htdocs\webscheduler" (correct if yours is different). Make sure it has read, run and execute permissions as well.

Select the Default Web Site item again.

Again, click the Action menu and goto New, then Virtual Directory.
    Using the wizard, give it a alias of 'MPExtControlWS' and direct it to the folder "c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\MPwebcontrol\htdocs\MPExtControlWS" (correct if yours is different). Make sure it has read, run and execute permissions as well.

Now right-click on the webscheduler item, and select Properties.

Where it says Execute Permissions, change it to Scripts only.

Now click the Configuration button.

In the Mappings tab, click Add.

In Executable, enter "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPWebControl\apache\bin\php5isapi.dll" (correct if needed).

In Extension, enter .php (note the dot before PHP is important).

Press OK.

Press OK again.

From within the Documents tab, choose Add. Type in index.php and click OK. Move it to the top of the list.

Press OK to return to the IIS Admin dialog.

That should be it. You still need to change the port number if your IIS installation is not running on port 81. See http://www.mp-webinterface.com for information on this.

These instructions are unproven (I'm getting some odd error "The specified module could not be found.", hopefully one of you out there will be able to resolve it). Also, this setup is un-supported, so it will be up to you to resolve any issues.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread