WebMediaPortal Design (1 Viewer)

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
You can't. It's still in development, and due to its unstable nature only suited for developers and advanced users who know how to compile it themselves. Just wait for the official release :)
By the way, Oxan
latest schedules on homescreen doesn't work, also flash audio and aac for music seems to be brocken.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
In the last couple of days i worked a bit on WebMPs movie view.

My intention is to have a nicer overview of my movies and faster access to things like playing the movie.

As a result this came to my mind:
Unfortunately my movie database isn't cleaned up, so they are a few missing covers and i haven't worked on a good "play" button ;)

movieview.PNGmovieview_aredon.PNG

I will push this to git as soon as i'm done with the play button.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Very nice Mike,(y)
maybe you can design it as a gridview with paging. (I don't know how to this)
I've also tried something similar, but 700 moviecovers on one page isn't dealable even with very small resized thumbs.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks! I will look into doing it with some ajax magic which hopefully makes the page more responsive ;) But that's also new to me so i have to dig into it a bit ;)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey guys,
    here's an updated version of my "aredon mod" for latest git with skin support.

It's great to see that others are developing skins for WebMP too. It looks pretty good!

Some (technical) feedback:
    • You can include a stylesheet with @Html.Assets().AddViewStylesheet("<path in skins folder>"). HeadHtml was kind of a mistake (it won't work anymore if we decide to use AJAX later on).
    • You don't have to put a doctype at the top of your views (MovieLibrary/Details.cshtml)

By the way, Oxan
    latest schedules on homescreen doesn't work, also flash audio and aac for music seems to be brocken.
    Today's schedules on the homescreen works for me.. what type of schedule doesn't work for you? Music streaming might indeed be broken, it's on my todolist.

In the last couple of days i worked a bit on WebMPs movie view.

My intention is to have a nicer overview of my movies and faster access to things like playing the movie.

As a result this came to my mind:
    Unfortunately my movie database isn't cleaned up, so they are a few missing covers and i haven't worked on a good "play" button ;)

View attachment 102137View attachment 102138

I will push this to git as soon as i'm done with the play button.
    Looks pretty good. You might want to make the margins between the covers a bit bigger, so that the "min" suffix doesn't move to a new line for 100+ minute movies.

Very nice Mike,(y)
    maybe you can design it as a gridview with paging. (I don't know how to this)
    I've also tried something similar, but 700 moviecovers on one page isn't dealable even with very small resized thumbs.
    Hmm, that's an interesting point. Since a few days there's the option to resize server-side now, which should help a bit, but 700 covers might indeed cause performance problems. We've to keep in mind that there are also people with 1000+ movies. Depending on the performance it might be preferable to have just a plain list of movies in the default theme and add the fancy features in a skin only.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today's schedules on the homescreen works for me.. what type of schedule doesn't work for you?

Yes you are right, all is working fine for today schedules.
    Wasn't there a time when you saw future schedules also? (pretty unsure)

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes you are right, all is working fine for today schedules.
    Wasn't there a time when you saw future schedules also? (pretty unsure)
    Yeah, that might have been the case long, long ago.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks pretty good. You might want to make the margins between the covers a bit bigger, so that the "min" suffix doesn't move to a new line for 100+ minute movies.
    Yeah that's on my list. Since it's only a change in the css file i haven't done it yet.

Hmm, that's an interesting point. Since a few days there's the option to resize server-side now, which should help a bit, but 700 covers might indeed cause performance problems.
    I'm using the resize feature and on my local system this works quite good, but i'm currently looking to get the image data async with ajax. But somehow there is no snippet to do that with ASP.Net MVC so i'm still looking what would be the best way to do this.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Oxan,
    as i don't know how to provide a proper patch i'm going this way.
    I've made some really small changes to movie images as you've done it with tvshow...

Code:
    -      public ActionResult Image(string movie, int width = 0, int height = 0)
    +      public ActionResult MovieCover(string movie, int width = 0, int height = 0)
           {
                return Images.ReturnFromService(WebStreamMediaType.Movie, movie, WebArtworkType.Cover, width, height);
           }

+      public ActionResult MovieFanart(string movie, int width = 0, int height = 0)
    +      {
    +           return Images.ReturnFromService(WebStreamMediaType.Movie, movie, WebArtworkType.Backdrop, width, height);
    +      }

Attached are the "MovieLibraryController.cs" and the correspondending *.cshtml's.
    Hopefully you will integrate it to git mastercode?!

Greets
    pünktchen

Attachments

• MPExtended-MPExtended-v0.4.3-352-gbb7fae3.zip
      28.1 KB

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

in last days i've worked on my skin for WebMediaPortal 0.5
    So here are some preview pictures and the skin is attached too:
    01_Movies.PNG 02_Movies.PNG 03_MovieDetails.PNG 04_TVSeries.PNG 05_TVSeries.PNG 06_TVSeasons.PNG 07_TVEpisodes.PNG

Attachments

• puenktchen.zip
      1.3 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom