WebMP Skin - MediaCabinet (0.6beta - 2/10/2015) (1 Viewer)

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
October 16, 2012
Seattle, WA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaCabinet

Use the latest skin version (0.6beta.2) for compatibility with MPExtended and WMP 0.6beta!

Please let me know if you need changes, fixes or updates, either comment on this thread or PM me so that I will receive an email!

This skin is compatible with most modern phones and tablets; it has been tested on an iPad and several Android phones.

Made for Chrome and compatible with IE 10+ and Firefox, as well as devices with screens from 320px to 1920px+.

Many thanks to the wonderful community and creators of MP, MPExtended and WebMP; with special thanks to Oxan, Lyfesaver74, Dragy and all of the other skinners!

For Auto-login, set bookmark to: http://SERVERADDRESS/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f&user=myUSER&password=myPASSWORD

Video Playback Features/Issues:
  • Flash, HLS, VLC profiles skinned using the Projekktor Player; functionality is equivalent.
  • Fullscreen problems can be solved by running the browser in fullscreen (F11).
  • Chrome, Firefox, IE: Select Flash and (once playback has begun) seek to any part of the file by clicking on the scrubber. Wait until playback starts after clicking before seeking again. Select Direct to play in VLC and seek forward only for selected.
  • IE: Flash playback is choppy and VLC is unreliable. Not recommended.
  • iOS: Select HTTP Live Streaming to stream videos. Seek to buffered segments only.
  • Android: Tested on Android 4.1.2. Select HTTP Live Streaming the press play to load within the stock Android player. A/V playback works smoothly as does play and pause. Seek will usual stop playback.
Audio Playback Features/Issues:
  • Play tracks one at a time from the Album page or the Track page.
  • Play full albums from the Album Player.
  • Seek: Chrome allows seeking on the Album and Track pages. Firefox allows seeking on the Album and Track pages but on the Album Player you may only seek to a section which has already played. IE 10 supports proper seeking on all pages shockingly outperforming the other browsers for the first time in its long existence.
  • Android: Basic playback works on the Album Player and Track pages. Manually change tracks on the Album Player.
  • iOS: Playback begins but ends before the track finishes in the Album Player, Track and Album pages.
  • Music playback via JwPlayer 6 until a better solution is available.

Install: Extract the attached folder to \MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins and Restart MpExtendedService and MPExtended WebMediaPortal Service, then Select MediaCabinet from the settings page of WebMP in your browser and Save.

Update: Paste MediaCabinet zip contents into \MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins and overwrite. Clear browser cache.

Future: Please report any bugs and post your suggestions so that I can continue to improve the skin!

Changelog: Watch this thread for updates.
0.6beta.2 - Menus adjusted for users with Authentication disabled.
0.6beta.1 - Settings page updated for 0.6beta, minor styling changes.
0.6beta - Versions now follow MPExtended/WebMediaPortal versions. Many fixes and updates.
v3 - (WebMP 0.54 and earlier only). Styling Updated, More Metadata added. Auto-Login (Instructions above)
v2.5 - WebMP 0.5.4 Update, Watched feature for movies added (not accurate)
v2.4 - TVGuide rebuilt.
v2.3 - Media Player updated and standardized across profiles
v2.2 - Fix for larger Recording libraries.
v2.1 - Fixed Live TV Playback using JW player 5 and standard HLS streaming.
v2 - Major Redesign, Added Navigation Options, Added List Filters, Upgraded Media Players (experimental)
v1.6 - Hide Watched Episodes (TV Episodes + Recordings Only)
v1.5 - jQuery Resizing for Players, Watched/Unwatched icons for episodes, Improved Actionlist style, LazyLoad for many images.
v1.4 - Mobile TVGuide, minor tuning
v1.3 - UI flattened, Imagelink hover effect, Readability improvements, Minor transition effect
v1.2 - Logo, Stars, Minor styles
v1.1 - Mobile/Small Menu Repairs
v1.0 - Release

Attachments

• MediaCabinet(v3).7z
    530.9 KB
  • MediaCabinet(0.6beta.2).7z
    923.2 KB
Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    How about screenshots to see first if one personally likes it before installing? Thanks and good luck for the contest.

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2012
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am noticing on my iPad mini that the bottom bar is cutting off details of the movies as well as the latest albums on the home screen.

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    Thanks @mediacowboy, I'll take a look tonight! I believe the iPad and mini have the same resolution so I should be able to fix it by testing on my iPad.

On mine the bottom bar sits at the bottom of the screen unless the content overflows the screen, in which case it will sit at the bottom of the content with a small margin so they never overlap.

For example, with the Home screen on iPad (landscape mode) mobile safari, the lastest albums are barely visible at the bottom and I can scroll down to see them and latest tracks with the bottom bar below that. The bottom bar never sits over the content in this case.
    Are you seeing different behavior than this?

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    Version 1.3 now available!

I've flattened the UI to be more similar to modern trends in design such as Windows 8 and Google's latest homepage; let me know what you think!
    Readability should be a bit better now and the skin is more focused on your content and less on flashy distractions :)

@mediacowboy Glad to hear its working well now; probably just needed a cache wipe/refresh.

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    I REALLY like this skin. I think the watched/unwatched icons are great for the TV Shows and would request some more enhancements of those.

One other thing with the watched/unwatched icons would be that I would request/suggest that it act more like MP TV-Series plugin in MP. So, could you add a view that would only show unwatched series? In MP I'm almost exclusively looking at the "Unwatched" view and it would be great if I could see the same thing in WebMediaPortal.

I'd then also ask for the watched/unwatched icons and view for the Movies as well.

Lastly, if it was at all possible, I'd like to have it mark the show/movie as watched if I watched it in WebMediaPortal (following the rules of what makes an episode/movie "watched"). Or at least a setting for those of us who would like that so it isn't forced on everyone if they wouldn't like that.

Anyway, I do really enjoy this skin and if you could add in more of the watched/unwatched features, it would be pretty much perfect.

Thanks!

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    @SkinsFan0521 Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying the skin :) I'll answer as best I can:
    • The ability to check watched status for movies has been added to MPExtended (the service which provides information to WebMediaPortal) for version 0.6 and you can bet they will appear in the skin on my first update after that; but I don't have an ETA for that update.
    • The Unwatched view (for TVSeries and Movies in v0.6) will be in my next update (probably Friday). I'd like to add it as a toggle switch that will be visible on TVSeries pages (a Show All/Unwatched Only switch).
    • To the best of my knowledge MPExtended doesn't write to the MediaPortal database, it only reads it. This will make it difficult to toggle watched/unwatched through the web interface :/ The (far) future likely holds some Trakt/other integration which could provide that functionality; but any breath holding for that feature would be dangerous to your health!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom