WebMP Skin - MediaCabinet (0.6beta - 2/10/2015) (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@Alex Griffis Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it. This is by far my favorite WebMP skin and I'm glad I recently found it.

When I see that you have a new update, I'll definitely upgrade to it so I can use the watched/unwatched view. I didn't know that the watched/unwatched movies wasn't part of MpExtended yet, so I'll also be looking forward to that.

I figured that MPExtended didn't write to the database, but thought that it was worth asking the question just to see.

Lastlly, I also have a post in the main MPExtended WebMediaPortal thread, but I'm having an issue with my images updating and I'm wondering if it is something skin specific or MPExtended related? I deleted some foreign language covers (in both the full size and thumbs folder as well as in the image cache folder for MPExtended), restarted both MPExtended services and CTRL + F5 on my browser and I'm still not seeing new images. What am I missing?

Thanks again!

Edit: I ended up figuring out what I needed to do, but I'm hoping there would be an easier way... I needed to delete all of the covers for the particular movie through the MovingPictures configuration tool. Then, re-download all of the covers again. Then (in Chrome), F12 then right-click on the Refresh button and choose "empty cache and hard reload".

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just tried this skin because the default one is terrible for small devices. I generally like the concept and it's a lot easier to schedule recordings remotely using this skin on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2). I have a few suggestions though:

- Make the TV logos much smaller when you click on an upcoming programme. It takes up the whole screen right now and I have to scroll down to see the programme info, which seems silly.
- The home screen is a bit bland and looks cluttered despite not much being on it. Maybe some better layout is needed, with larger gaps between each section (Latest Movies, Latest Recordings, etc.).
- It wasn't immediately obvious to me that I had to click the top-left arrow to get access to the menu in order to see the TV guide. It also doesn't stand out very well (dark blue on black). I'd change the colour scheme slightly for this and maybe include some text like "Menu" next to it.

Nice start though, keep it up! :)

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
October 16, 2012
Seattle, WA
Home Country
Thanks for the ideas @DragonQ! I've been too busy to post an update in a few months so you many things have changed in today's update (v2.0). In response to your suggestions I've moved the logos below the programme info; tweaked the home screen on smaller devices (although I agree that it is still quite boring); and replaced the arrow with a standard three line menu icon.

Let me know what you think and of any bugs or rendering errors you notice! Mobile Chrome on android and iPad are looking pretty good for me!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just tried your skin -looks beautifull - only Live TV is not working - stream won't start. When I check with the original skin it works.

Last edited:

Ferao

Portal Member
    December 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can second that, live player doesn't work for me either, tried Iphone, IE, Mozilla local and remote, and it works with the default skin

that said - its a very good looking skin perfect for my tablet and Iphone when away from home!

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    Ha I'll third that myself so no one else needs to check! Nice catch guys I'll figure it out once I fix my TV tuner :) For now only the direct profile will play live TV.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Love this skin. Really works well on tablets and phones. Just one minor problem. It's throwing an exception when I go into TV recordings. I do have a lot of recordings in nested folders.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at ASP._Page_Skins_MediaCabinet_Television_Recordings_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins\MediaCabinet\Television\Recordings.cshtml:line 16
    at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
    at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
    at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage()
    at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
    at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
    at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
    at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
    at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Not sure if this is skin problem or not, but it contains skin name so I will post it here. This error shows up when accessing Recordings.

Code:
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at ASP._Page_Skins_MediaCabinet_Television_Recordings_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins\MediaCabinet\Television\Recordings.cshtml:line 16
      at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage()
      at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
      at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
      at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
      at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
      at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
      at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Alex Griffis

Portal Member
    October 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Home Country
    This error is now (v2.2) fixed for larger recording libraries! I had forgotten that the code I wrote to make the 'Hide Watched' button work only went through the first 50 recordings, now it should be fine up to 9000 (but not over!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom