- September 25, 2010
- Home Country
- United States of America
@hutstein, @MrEMan, @Dragy, @regurge, @hafblade, @ThaClown, @Kelsey Armstrong, @Robke22
@sbir, @Alex Griffis
Begin Date: 01/11/13
Current End Date: 03/12/2013
Prizes and Other Information
Please read our blog here.
1) The contest will initially run for 6 weeks, with an option to extend it for 2 more weeks. This will give even the busiest of web designers enough time to deliver a completed skin. Once it is nearing the 6 week mark I will reach out to each skinner and ask if they require 2 more weeks or not. The majority will decide this one way or the other.
2) Any resulting skin WILL have to be considered open source just as any other MediaPortal extension or skin. The skinner can apply the appropriate GPL license.
3) Any skin created before or during the contest can be considered for the contest (jQui being the exception, as it is not eligible by default) but skins created before the start most likely will get frozen 2-4 weeks into the contest if they are to be considered, due to unfair time differences.
4) For a skin to be considered "completed" it will have to allow for access to each section currently being offered by the default skin. As the default skin will be the "measuring stick" for this contest, for a skin to be considered it must be significantly different than the default skin. The only exception is using the "layout" of the default skin (much like BlueShift), that is perfectly acceptable.
5) The winner will be decided by a panel of judges. Who are the judges? Anyone who uses WebMP who will NOT be submitting a skin. (Want to be a judge? See "Become a Judge" section below) There will be a final panel of 3 judges consisting of myself, Vuego and one other team member to be named later. This final panel is only to oversee any ties or handle any possible cheating.
6) It will be up to the skinner to research any and all legal issues they may result in acceptance of contest prizes (it is possible that some countries will not allow you to participate, while rare, it is in your best interest to make sure). In other words, Lyfesaver74 assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY for any legal action that might occur due to an individual winning a prize. (Basically if you live in N. Korea or something like that, don't participate. Remember that the prizes might have to be shipped from Lyfesaver74 in the US and not the originating manufacturer/retailer, and some countries do not play nice with the US)
7) While shipping will be paid for by Lyfesaver74, any accrued customs charges must be paid by the winner.
---Become a Judge---
To become a judge one must be willing to try each skin submitted, judging every section with an overall score, and a small detailed pros/cons on the sections you would use the most (saved media, live TV, etc). Simply send Lyfesaver74 a private message informing him you wish to be a judge.
A small pool of basic MP T-Shirts will be passed out to those who are willing to be a judge. This will be random. The more judges, the larger the pool of T-Shirts.
---Become a WebSkinner---
To enter the contest and become an official WebSkinner, simply send a private message to Trevor informing him you wish to enter. Lyfesaver74 will send you an introductory message with everything you need to begin skinning. Entries will only be accepted during the first 4 weeks of the contest.
WebSkin 2013 FAQ
Please feel free to ask any question in this thread. Common questions w/answer will be pasted below as they are asked and answered.