WebSkin 2013: WebMP Skinning Contest (1 Viewer)

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i am using miranda @ qnet, never found out how to enter 2 different networks :D
    For the moment i try to add Searchlinks for the actors which works fine with "<a href="Search/Results?text=@guestStar">@guestStar</a>" but me and also other ppl using Filmino+ to import the filmdetials so i have a long actor list which looks like this "Jack Nicholson (Warren Schmidt)" - do i have an easy option to make the active link only for the first 2 words?, than i can use the search function correctly.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    WOW! You just jumped into a whole bunch of stuff, i have never even heard of. if it were not for the example you posted ( "<a href="Search/Results?text=@guestStar">@guestStar</a>" ), I would bet money you were posting in the wrong forum =)

@Oxan can you answer this one?

LoDeNo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I've no skills in HTML, so really I can't participate. Good luck all.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    =) Thx Lode... but the great thing is you will get to benefit as well.. we all will, with a nice selection of new WebMP skins =)

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i started with a new design, coded and designed since hours but i have a problem with the default skin.
    I want to keep the topmenu link akctive, also i want to keep the hover when you go to the submenu but i am not able to do this :/

Also tried finished css menus but than i have a lot of other problems :D

Last edited:

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i fixed it yihaa :D

* do i have an option to display the musicgenres, i tried it the same way as for movies but it doesnt work
    * do i have an option to display backdrops?
    * any ideas how i can link actors correctly for the searchresults? - specially due to the fact that my actor phrase looks like this "Joseph Cotten (Holly Martins)" so i have to do something that the search links only follow the first 2 words
    * any options to have a more fluent display for the tv guide - i mean can i display the whole day? my plan is to make a sideward scrollbar than you can scroll througth the whole day, at the moment it needs to long with the later button

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    * do i have an option to display the musicgenres, i tried it the same way as for movies but it doesnt work
    No, WebMP doesn't support that yet. (Actually, the problem is that the MP Music plugin only stores genres for albums, not for artists).
    * do i have an option to display backdrops?
    Yes. For what do you want to show it? The code is the same as currently used for covers, except you need a different URL. For movies it's "Fanart" instead of "Cover", for TV Shows the "SeriesFanart" instead of "SeriesBanner". I can look up the others if you need them.
    * any ideas how i can link actors correctly for the searchresults? - specially due to the fact that my actor phrase looks like this "Joseph Cotten (Holly Martins)" so i have to do something that the search links only follow the first 2 words
    Something like this. Untested, let me know if it doesn't work:
    Code:
    @foreach (var artist in movie.Artists) 
    {
       var artistName = artist.Substring(0, artist.IndexOf("(")).Trim();

<li><a href="/Search/Results?text=@artistName">@artistName</a></li>
    }

* any options to have a more fluent display for the tv guide - i mean can i display the whole day? my plan is to make a sideward scrollbar than you can scroll througth the whole day, at the moment it needs to long with the later button
    I'm going to look into that, I'll answer you later ;)

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks for your answer.
    * backdrop, i added a slideshow with some htpcbackdrop images i try to add some dynamic content from the local backdrops
    * the artist code:
    i guess something is wrong, cause the artist has the phrase @ gueststar?, anyway with your code i receive an errormessage. Thats how it works atm:
    Code:
    			<li>@UIStrings.GuestStarring
    				<ul>
    				@foreach (string guestStar in Model.Movie.Actors )
    				{   
    					<li><a href="/Search/Results?text=@guestStar">@guestStar</a></li>
    				}
    				</ul>
    			</li>
    the result are links like this:
    http://server:8080/Search/Results?text=Joseph Cotten (Holly Martins)
    the searchresult cant find anything cause of the content of the "( )"

gekas

Portal Member
    January 20, 2008
    As Oxan suggested you should try to trim the string to the part before the brackets.

Something like this:
    Code:
    <li>@UIStrings.GuestStarring

<ul>

@foreach (string guestStar in Model.Movie.Actors )

{
    		var guestStarName = guestStar.Substring(0, artist.IndexOf("(")).Trim();

<li><a href="/Search/Results?text=@guestStarName">@guestStarName</a></li>

}

</ul>

</li>

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom