Welcome screen Blue3 Missing box (1 Viewer)

Fragone

Portal Pro
August 3, 2006
MediaPortal Version: RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 4:3 in 16:9 mode

Last box in welcome screen is missed (TV has no box around).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As you can see, i can not confirm that.

mytv.PNG

and somehow the whole skin looks "strange" in the screenshot you posted there.

please do the following.

Start -> programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> MediaPortal Debug

then reproduce the issue, close MediaPortal and attach the created MediaPortal-logs.zip to the first post.
    :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What resolution is 1062 x 523 its certainly not 16:9, i'm using Blue3 on a resolution of 1280x768 and 1280x720 and these both work fine, if not a little misplaced with stretching the skin as expected.

Fragone

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    It's not stretched, i've made a screenshot from a VNC session and cutted away the header.
    The resolution is 1280x720@60

As soon i scroll the first time the box appears. if i choose something and come back to main screen, the box is gone again.
    It's not a great deal, but since the HP says "report each bug concerning Blue3 on 16:9)" i did that!

If neccessary, i will post the debug file - simply let me know!

edit: Here a new screenshot, made 20 second ago, this time with everything.

Attachments

• mp2.gif
      mp2.gif
      89.6 KB

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if you would have read the bugreport guidelines that you would allready know that this is mandatory, not optional. ;)

Here a new screenshot, made 20 second ago, this time with everything.
    i can not reproduce that issue on any of my PCs.
    do you access MP/your HTPC only with VNC?

if yes, then be aware that this has never been tested and it is not what MP is designed for.
    please test localy on the PC and i am 100% sure that the issue is gone.

no clue what VNC is messing up there.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's not stretched, i've made a screenshot from a VNC session and cutted away the header.
    The resolution is 1280x720@60

As soon i scroll the first time the box appears. if i choose something and come back to main screen, the box is gone again.
    It's not a great deal, but since the HP says "report each bug concerning Blue3 on 16:9)" i did that!

edit: Here a new screenshot, made 20 second ago, this time with everything.

Hi,
    Yeah attach the logs to your post easier to see what MP says about screen resolution etc ;)

Regards
    Roy

Fragone

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    OK ok ... here's the log and the corresponding screenshot:

> do you access MP/your HTPC only with VNC?

No, I'm simply to lazy to walk to the living room :)
    The problem is there independent if VNC Server is started or not.

> Yeah attach the logs to your post easier to see what MP says about screen resolution etc

---> 2008-10-16 21:08:57.658125 [Info.][MPMain]: D3D: Client size: 1280x720 - Screen: 1280x720

Good luck to find the bug :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Imo. the Bug is your VNC connection.

Noone else seems to be able to reproduce this issue in a normal usecase (means no VNC used).

Fragone

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    ... belive me or not, the error is there even if no VNC connection is used (like 99% of the time, since the machine is a TV replacement with internet access).

If you go to a your car salesman and say your brand new car has a wrong color and you give him a picture of it, i don't think he will tell you there's an error with your camera!

I know it's hard to fix an error you cannot reproduce, but this doesn't mean there is none. I only opened a feedback thread to let you know it - if you don't belive me forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread