• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ref:

Watch Digital SATELLITE TV on your PC or laptop
    http://www.digitaltvonpc.com/

I'm sure it is a rip-off/scam of some sort, but anybody know what it is?

I've googled a bit, and seen ppl. recommend it to others, so...

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    "Buy now, our price will go up tomorrow"- scam
    Try to close window and get a pop up saying I am a lucky person, now it's 29.99- scam

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Looks like they are taking satelite channels and streaming them online.

I wouldn't expect this to be around long. It might not be a scam as such, but it is illegal.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i dont even think, they stream the channels.
    in fact i think, they will just give you 5000 links to different tv streams.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    yeah, you could be right.

no matter what they are doing or how they are doing it, i would stay well clear of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
    Replies
    Views
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different media center applications. So if WMC is accessing the tuners, MP won't be able to access them. To be sure that WMC is not interfering, you should use the Windows "Services" panel and disable all of the...
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different...
    Ok, so I'm a WMC7 user but I thought I should try MP2 since I'm sure my WMC7 is going to fade off to the distance soon. I've...
    Replies
    Views
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
    So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Since you have MP2 you have the option of using the TV Mosaic server. Give it a try, you don't need to do anything in MP 2 to test its capabilities, just download and install the browser based api (not the MP2 version that supports it at this point) from the MP2 - V2.5 - TVMosaic Provider for MP2 thread, let it use your tuners and do...
    Since you have MP2 you have the option of using the TV Mosaic server. Give it a try, you don't need to do anything in MP 2 to test...
    Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom