What MediaPortal news would you love to see? (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Any schedule for next version ?
No, there is no schedule yet. It will take some more months until release.

An user friendly skin-making tool released!
With the next MP release version you can use e.g. Microsoft Expression as an editor for MP skins. ;)

More animations and image-button , for my tvseries for exemple, in skins
Next version will also offer more & new animations possibilities (WPF) for the skinners, in the current SVN version (with the "old" skin engine), you can already use animations on buttons afaik.

Great, continue like that! Some good news can already be "posted" here, as you can see... ;)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Man... just finished watching the intro video to Microsoft Expressions. It's pretty damn sweet. I suggest everyone take a look at the vid and imagine what MP is going to be like in the near feature.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    1. A movie database for My Movies(like MyTVSeries has it) - no more need to keep all files thorougly ordered in one folder, but having the ability to spread them all over my network and add them by share or folder or so.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, surely this has been implemented for ages?
    I have a number of drives all with movies on them. In "Shares" view, I see all the folders separately, but in any other view, I just see a list of movies arranged by whatever category I choose. Just clikc on "Switch View" then choose title for what you want (as long as you already have scanned your movies).

and finally, I know this is a bit off....

4. The ability to synchronise informations like movie informations (from MyMovies), lyrics, settings, TvSeries, whatever to other MP´s in your network. I have 5 HTPC´s running and it is kind of dull and redundant to do all steps over and over again (like, having a new movie added to the movies folder, getting the information from imdb, ofdb and doing it on all MP´s...). At the moment I help myself by copying the MP Folder mow and the to all MP´s - well, this is a wishlist, isn´t it ???? ;-)

I´m sure I´ll think of more as soon as I get to bed and power on my dorm MP......

mcbelly

I have two HTPC's, one that was originally my test rig but since MP has become so stable it is now just the bedroom HTPC. Rather than scanning everything twice, when I do a rebuild, I just copy everything in the thumbs directory across as well as the relevant database from the database folder. I guess this will only work if you use UNC mappings ie \\marcusb\... rather than local or mapped drives. Even the local drives on one machine need to be UNC so your local c: drive becomes \\local machine name\c\.

This way all PC's can find your data no matter what their location on the LAN. Of course these drives need to be shared, but that's obvious.

marshall

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MS Expression looks really sweet. Unfortunately, it also looks like it might be more $ than a beginning skinner might be able to shell out. Maybe not though, or maybe there will be an open alternative shortly thereafter.

Hesse

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2006
    1. A movie database for My Movies(like MyTVSeries has it) - no more need to keep all files thorougly ordered in one folder, but having the ability to spread them all over my network and add them by share or folder or so.

If you use Extreme movie manager, then this may easier than you think. I've written a plugin to import an XMM database into the MP videos database with more future plans. It seems to work for me and I will be releasing it in a few days once I get back and work out a few final bugs.

Jesse

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That is a MyTVSeries plugin alternate screen. I can't for the life of me remember it was released.

That's a mockup I created in late January, early on when we were working on the TV Series UI (was a mockup of functionality not a skin, hence the MCE2005 background). Unfortunately the code for using images as buttons (the grid of images along the top) wasn't completed, therefore that screen is technically impossible and we had to temporarily go with something a lot simpler, so that's you see today - at least until we get the WinFX stuff!

So my two wishes...

New WinFX Engine Released - lets you do anything you can imagine! (Not just fancy animations, but freeing us from the standard buttons and list / thumbnails structure, allowing complete changes to how you interact with MP)

Database Completely Overhauled! (Tag and metadata based, no more folders, automatically finding network content, brings TV / DVDs / Movies / Downloaded TV / Pictures / Flickr etc in to just a couple of cohesive sections instead of having a dozen seperate plugins)

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you use Extreme movie manager, then this may easier than you think. I've written a plugin to import an XMM database into the MP videos database with more future plans. It seems to work for me and I will be releasing it in a few days once I get back and work out a few final bugs.

Jesse

Sounds great !
    I´ll have a look at EMM and wait eagerly for your plugin ;-)

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, surely this has been implemented for ages?
    I have a number of drives all with movies on them. In "Shares" view, I see all the folders separately, but in any other view, I just see a list of movies arranged by whatever category I choose. Just clikc on "Switch View" then choose title for what you want (as long as you already have scanned your movies).

OK, I never tried that...
    Will check it out when I´m back home.

Rather than scanning everything twice, when I do a rebuild, I just copy everything in the thumbs directory across as well as the relevant database from the database folder.

Yeah, at the moment I do the same, but wouldn´t it be nice if MP would have this implemented ? By the way : have you ever tried Foldershare ?

Users who are viewing this thread