What new feature do you want most? (1 Viewer)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
thanks marvenius!

1) i didn't know this was already possible and that it is up to the skin. Do think that in order to accomplish that, only the xml-file has to be modified? or is there more 'basic' work involved?

if it was only the xml, i think i'd try to implement this (if i find an another xml where this has already been done so i could take a looksy...)

2) great news!

TeeTee

Portal Member
December 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I Would REALLY like some folder PIN setting like in the normal MP video database. It's the only thing keeping me from using this plugin.....(3 kids and lots of horror movies on my harddrive)

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
thanks marvenius!

1) i didn't know this was already possible and that it is up to the skin. Do think that in order to accomplish that, only the xml-file has to be modified? or is there more 'basic' work involved?

if it was only the xml, i think i'd try to implement this (if i find an another xml where this has already been done so i could take a looksy...)
Code:
<!-- when no default backdrop is enabled, just copy some favorites to "<skinpath>\animations\MovingPictures" and enable following code... 
    <control>
      <type>multiimage</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>0</posX>
      <posY>0</posY>
      <width>768</width>
      <height>576</height>
      <imagepath>Moving Pictures</imagepath>
      <timeperimage>3000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>3000</fadetime>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <randomize>true</randomize>
      <visible>!Control.IsVisible(1)</visible>
      <animation effect="fade" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
    </control>
-->
You could try to work from this. However, passing several backdrops to the skin is not yet supported from the plugin, if ever. You may have to jump to get where you want to be.
Animations are btw only possible from within the skin path. So you won't be able to use the backdrop path from Moving Pictures itself (userdata\team media....\thumbs\Moving....\backdrops\fullsize\)

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
interesting, thanks again marv. i doubt my knowlege will be enough to make this work, but hey, miracles do happen :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You could try to work from this. However, passing several backdrops to the skin is not yet supported from the plugin, if ever. You may have to jump to get where you want to be.
Animations are btw only possible from within the skin path. So you won't be able to use the backdrop path from Moving Pictures itself (userdata\team media....\thumbs\Moving....\backdrops\fullsize\)

Actually you can use absolute paths now with multiimages in RC4 and beyond I believe. Meaning for the imagepath you could just put this for most systems:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize

Which would give you a random rotating backdrop. In future versions of Moving Pictures I plan on passing this path as a property so skin users can use it properly (since the path can change from system to system).

As for your second comment Boiler, yeah we plan to enhance backdrop support in several ways, but for now we are focusing on a few other features. Maybe in 0.8.

And TeeTee, yes parental controls are planned, but that too will not be immediate. Sorry. :(

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ah, haven't fiddled around with that part of the skin (except deleting it ;-) ) since RC2 I guess. I think most items should not be specific skin based, but more templated. So <skinpath> would result in the correct skin specifics, while the rest is system based.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am not sure I understand what you're talking about marvenius. "System Based", "Skin Based", "Templated"? I am not sure what you are referring to by any of these terms... I can tell you this though, I feel very strongly that virtually all decisions regarding presentation should be up to the skinner.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To explain a bit more (off topic for this thread btw)
Skin issues are skin based, specific images/fonts needed for that skin. Plugins however are system based (system as in Media Portal) You shouldn't need to put movingpictures.xml (or any other plugin.xml file for that matter) in all your skin directories. Instead you should/could be using something like #skinpath\backgound.png together with other image/label items.
(keep in mind, after a few glasses, this was posted so hopefully this is somewhat clearer. And: HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!)

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
the mediainfo.dll I guess, but try to fix bugs first..

ddlooping

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all :)

I don't know if these have already been suggested...

1) user defined path for "Backdrops" and "Covers" folders (i.e, network drive)
    2) option to update movie details by using its (editable) IMDb ID so as to be able to easily retrieve the correct details
    (i.e, "Update details based on IMDb ID" option)
    3) in the Moving Pictures Configuration window, right-clicking a thumbnail to access an "edit" option (i.e, in Photoshop)
    4) no rounding of the IMDb score / ability to use half stars (.5) in skins

Let me know if you want more suggestions. :D

I forgot something...

5) option to retrieve short summary (as well as the "long" one) from IMDb
    Possible usage: display the short summary in the thumbnail/list/filmstrip views, display the "long" one in the movie details view.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom