What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin? (2 Viewers)

What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd like Trakt to be connected to my Moving Pictures database, i.e. displaying the movie info (for example in Watch List) as it has been scraped by Moving Pictures_/IMDB+ instead of the currently displayed data. Also, the movie cover I have selected would be much better than what Trakt's showing, sometimes covers are missing.

Also, would it be possible to have more than one banner for display in forum signatures etc? I'd love the idea of having "dedicated" banners (2 maximum) for either Moving Pictures, TV-Series or user combined banners, like My Videos+Moving Pictures along with one for Series. One provider to rule 'em all! :)

In addition, an overlay showing user rating on top of a movie banner would be very cool. Like a banner showing John Carter with 4 stars in one corner for example.

I use Trakt way more than I ever thought I would when it arrived, very nice work!
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    But does it have the function to see what movies you liked and then suggest movies out of the movies that you own, but are currently unwatched?
    The movies you like are basically the movies you rated highly e.g. if you are using advanced ratings then rating of 8,9,10 might be something you really love...if you are using Simple ratings then movies you rate as 'Love'/'Totally Ninja' are ones you love.... Currently the plugin will display your ratings for any movies it shows e.g. the trending movies but the plugin does not show you all your rated movies (thats one of the options above to show you your entire collection including rated movies, top rated movies etc).

The trakt website does allow you to see your ratings breakdown though, so its just the plugin that needs to have that function.

The trakt website and plugin can show you recommended movies, this only shows you unwatched movies obviously and will highly depend on your ratings and your friends rated movies. It will show you both movies that are in your collection and ones that are not. If a movies is in your collection, then it will be tagged appropriately and you can jump to it directly or play it from with-in trakt window.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'd like Trakt to be connected to my Moving Pictures database, i.e. displaying the movie info (for example in Watch List) as it has been scraped by Moving Pictures_/IMDB+ instead of the currently displayed data. Also, the movie cover I have selected would be much better than what Trakt's showing, sometimes covers are missing.
    we could do this (I remember you asking once upon a time), we could add an advanced setting to prefer local database info if it's available.

Also, would it be possible to have more than one banner for display in forum signatures etc? I'd love the idea of having "dedicated" banners (2 maximum) for either Moving Pictures, TV-Series or user combined banners, like My Videos+Moving Pictures along with one for Series. One provider to rule 'em all! :)
    This is more a feature of the website / api. Currently the website only has support for combined movies/shows, this may change in the future. You can also suggest this on trakt's support forum. Maybe you can come up with some templates and post what people think, this may facilitate the feature getting implemented faster.

Someone from the community could even create their own web-server which uses the trakt api to generate forum widgets. I would love to have the time to create a webapplication that allows people to create their own...that would be awesome!

In addition, an overlay showing user rating on top of a movie banner would be very cool. Like a banner showing John Carter with 4 stars in one corner for example.

The trakt plugin already shows you the user rating overlay:

traktRatingOverlay.jpg

I use Trakt way more than I ever thought I would when it arrived, very nice work!
    Awesome, glad to hear it!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    we could do this (I remember you asking once upon a time), we could add an advanced setting to prefer local database info if it's available.

Awesome!

This is more a feature of the website / api. Currently the website only has support for combined movies/shows, this may change in the future. You can also suggest this on trakt's support forum. Maybe you can come up with some templates and post what people think, this may facilitate the feature getting implemented faster.

Someone from the community could even create their own web-server which uses the trakt api to generate forum widgets. I would love to have the time to create a webapplication that allows people to create their own...that would be awesome!

I'll post something over at the Trakt forum.

The trakt plugin already shows you the user rating overlay:

Yeah, I know, I meant for the website banners.

Thanks!
    Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, I know, I meant for the website banners.
    Not really related to the plugin, but I see rating overlays on website posters as well. Did you mean something else?
    ratingOverlayWebsite.jpg

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like Details view and Dashboard is the most popular, I will be looking at Dashboard for next release and then will start work on Details view.

bighick

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am late to this but i would LOVE if if trakt would create the custom lists I made on their website inside of moving-pictures ;)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey emphatic, not sure if you know this already but trakt now allows you to create a forum banner for both series and movies independently. Just go to your Settings page and toggle the show/movie checkbox on your choice of widget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom