What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin? (1 Viewer)

What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd love to see a different plugin called trailers ;-/

Why? With the hyperlink paramter option from OnlineVideos, the options are almost endless! So with a skin using a skin editor you can just create a shortcut to Imdb movietrailers by example..

Is that not what you mean?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @kiwijunglist: That's because you are not using the right search parameters I think.. You have to modify them a bit.. Are you using Titan? Please try the xml attachted for MovingPictures.. I modified the search string into:

<hyperlinkParameter>site:YouTube|search:#MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.title #MovingPictures.SelectedMovie.year trailer |return:Locked</hyperlinkParameter>

So for example: When you search a trailer for Avatar with movingpictures, it search for; "Avatar 2009 trailer" and it will only find the relevant videos. Now it's only searching for "Avatar" so you will get a lot of stupid non relevant results.. You can even add; "HD" to the search string for example.. The options are endless! :)

Attachments

• movingpictures.details.xml
      27 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ Thanks ; I'm sure changing that will be a big improvement. The nice thing about using the trakt url, would be you wouldn't even need to search. It's probably worth while lobbying titan to change the search string, because as it is, it's pretty useless.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had allready a conversation about this with @ncoH and @joostzilla, so they know the idea. :) I'm really Always getting good search results with this.. So a simple solution for this should be adding a button into the skinfiles of Trakt with this parameter to onlinevideos (Youtube)

Trakt.tv is also getting his videos from Youtube, so they are the same.. ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    IMDB Trailers is a terrible site for searching, I might petition ncoh.

The advantage of trakt.tv is there is no searching/selecting involved, they have already preselected the best trailer. I'm not sure if it is a lucky search followed by user input if the trailer is correct, or if they have used another method.

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    IMDB Trailers is a terrible site for searching, I might petition ncoh.

The advantage of trakt.tv is there is no searching/selecting involved, they have already preselected the best trailer. I'm not sure if it is a lucky search followed by user input if the trailer is correct, or if they have used another method.

You're right about the IMDB site, that one is terrible! So that's why I was suggestion Youtube.. You're also right that an option that plays directly the trailer from Trakt.tv inside the plugin itself is better..

But as a temperary fix, I could make the button to onlinevideos with the searchstring as I suggested if you like..

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I already edit my skin file and changed the hyperlink, just hopefully ncoh can change it permanently so that the trailer button will be useful for the community. When I want to watch a trailer youtube has always been my go to site.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As you may or may not be aware the trakt plugin already can play the YouYube trailer if it's available. It does this by using the OnlineVideos API instead of an ugly search lookup via skin. If the trailer url doesn't exist it does the search lookup method, however it currently defaults to IMDb which is not as good as it use to be. Next version of the plugin I think I will switch default to YouTube search and also make it configurable.

This is all currently handled by the plugin when pressing Play or invoking the Trailer sub-menu from the Context Menu.

The plugin idea as kiwi mentions is a good idea but its off topic to this discussion, this will have the additional functionality of doing a local lookup on disk for any available trailers. This could all be achieved by a single trailer button for all GUI windows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom