What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin? (2 Viewers)

What would you like to see next in the Trakt Plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would like to have in the movie details, when browsing friends movie collection, a place with '' List :'' to know in wich list he put the movie into.

sorry for my english.
    You can browse your friends lists, you can then know from list name itself which list the movie belongs to.

Would be a bit too much processing to check what list the movie belongs to in your friends lists when browsing on other screens. Maybe one day if we cache everything into a database.

diogod

Portal Member
    July 2, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It would be great to allow an option to NOT sync to collection.

I pretty much cannot use the plugin because it syncs everything to my collection in trakt.tv and I use the collection only for DVDs or BluRays I actually have (for physical media, not digital). That way trakt.tv cam also be a great site to maintain a register of my dvds and blurays. Your plugin kind of screws that up. =(

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    My Wish for next version is quite simple. Make Trakt MP2 compatible... :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the suggests guys, keep em coming.

For the next release im working on re-doing the Friends window, all skins will need to be updated as im just going to throw away the current one and start working on a new one called 'Network' which will be in-line with the website. It wont break skins completely, you just wont be able to access new area without an update.

Similar to the old Friends window, when you enter you will be able to choose from 4 different views: 'Friends', 'Following', 'Followers' and 'Follower Requests'. In the current release you have now all you get is 'Friends' combined with 'Follower Requests'.

When you get a follower request, you will also have the option to follow back which in turn makes you a friend. Typically you will only get a follower request if your profile is marked as private otherwise people can follow you without waiting for your approval. Of course you will also be able to follow back from the 'Followers' view if you're not already friends.

When you click on a follower, followee, friend you will be presented with a list of activities and have access to certain parts of the their profile e.g. recently watched history for episodes and movies, their custom lists and watchlists. Some of these are already there now but I will be including a few new ones like ratings and possibly access to their library (if time permits otherwise next release after).

Skinners will no longer need to manage the watched history in the same window, I will be making it load into a seperate window so you can have better design freedom rather than rely on a single facade to manage friends, episodes and movies (that really bugged me). I will also send you out a skinners test build so your up to speed before I release to public.

A few other things I have planned on the short term schedule:
    • Access your own profile including library.
    • Movie, Show and Episode Detail views (top watchers, actors etc).
    • MovingPictures sync of Custom Lists (plus management of what lists are synced).
    • Option to disable Library Sync so users can manage their library manually.
    • Removal of dashboard cache from MediaPortal.xml, save data outside to keep file size down.
    • Write a blog entry on MediaPortal homepage, trakt.tv is good for PR ;) Our logo is there!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A small update of what's been going on since last release:

* New Network GUI, replaces the old Friends GUI. You now have access to your Followers, Whom your Following and of course your Friends.
    * There are now also extra History Activities you can view such as Recently Added and Recent Shouts.
    * New User Profile GUI, this is similar to your Network but you can also view some statistics like how many episodes in your collection or how many movies you have watched.

I need some ideas on the GUI for UserProfile, im not entirely happy with design. Hopefully other skinners and community users can come up with cool stuff. There is lot of data being pushed to skin, you only see a fraction in those screenshots.

Attachments

• NetworkFriends.jpg
      NetworkFriends.jpg
      298.2 KB
    • NetworkFriendsActivities.jpg
      NetworkFriendsActivities.jpg
      311.4 KB
    • NetworkHiddenMenu.jpg
      NetworkHiddenMenu.jpg
      289.4 KB
    • NetworkViewMenu.jpg
      NetworkViewMenu.jpg
      214.7 KB
    • RecentlyAddedMovies.jpg
      RecentlyAddedMovies.jpg
      396.2 KB
    • RecentlyWatchedEpisodes.jpg
      RecentlyWatchedEpisodes.jpg
      466.3 KB
    • UserProfile.jpg
      UserProfile.jpg
      299.1 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ah I hope I could test it with DW before release as I promised :cry:
    You can grab what you need from Git, there is support for DefaultWide and Default (4:3) already there. Will give you a test release if you ping me on IRC if needed.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Upcoming release has Search support, with a GUI to do a custom search by (Movie,Shows,Episodes,People and Users). There is also support for search by people from 3rd party plugins e.g. Search by Guest star on an episode in MP-TVSeries.

Check out the screenshots to get a rough idea on what to expect. Skinners are already hard at work / finished support for upcoming release ;)

There is also support for loading parameters, skins can create buttons to perform searches directly to the corresponding search type window, Simply specify the 'searchterm' as the hyperlinkParameter.

Attachments

• MainSearchGUI.jpg
      MainSearchGUI.jpg
      229 KB
    • MovingPicsDetailsTraktButtons.jpg
      MovingPicsDetailsTraktButtons.jpg
      550.5 KB
    • MovingPicsSearchByActorsMenu.jpg
      MovingPicsSearchByActorsMenu.jpg
      340.4 KB
    • MovingPicsSearchByMenu.jpg
      MovingPicsSearchByMenu.jpg
      331.2 KB
    • SearchMoviesGUI.jpg
      SearchMoviesGUI.jpg
      499 KB
    • SearchPeopleGUI.jpg
      SearchPeopleGUI.jpg
      403.9 KB
    • MPTVSeriesSearchByMenu.jpg
      MPTVSeriesSearchByMenu.jpg
      194.6 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wouldn't it be cool to have a "widget" of sorts on Basic Home showing stuff like trending movies, next day's TV shows or other thing you'd normally have to click 5+ times to view? Either scrolling like an RSS feed or presented like Latest Media with poster or FanArt? Skinners could decide what media type to show for different categories, and users can customize if they wanna see "New Shows this week", "New Season", "Recommendations", etc.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom