Whats the best remote for MP? (1 Viewer)

FreddeMannen

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

At the moment Im using WinLirc and some cheap multicontrol that i use for my tv and vcr.
WinLirc can find the signals, it displays that nice little greenlight..

Though I have big problems using it with MP, it's so slow.. it can take up to 30 seconds for anything to happen in mp.

Im using WinLirc and AUTOHOTKEY at the moment.

Can anyone tell what the best working remote for MP is.. because im getting a bit irritated on that slowmoving thing.. :mad:

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
MCE remote works great for me. No config either, it just works with Windows XP sp2 out of the box.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like the firefly quite a bit. We have built in support, so you don't need snapstream's crap program. Its completely configurable in MP and the default settings work very well.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah MCE remote works great here. Have both real MCE & a bundled one from Hauppauge ;)

Regards
    Roy

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Another vote for the MCE remote here. With the two IR blasters built in and the MCE Replacement plugin you can control your entire entertainment system with it. Girlfriend/wife proof and even parent proof too. :D

J

joostzilla

Please take a look at the Logitech Harmony 555 (550 in the states). It works perfectly with all AV devices including MP (configure the remote as MCE)
    Big plus: its relatively cheap

mrkrad

Portal Member
    August 24, 2007
    mce remote was $64 shipped for 3 of them, my kid likes to eat/throw/use the remotes so i figure i'll destroy one, use one as a fake, and have a spare :) (oem only sells them in 3 packs). worked out better than $30 + shipping + tax lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom