What's your Top 3 requests ??? (1 Viewer)

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    here are mine:

1 stability
    2 improved IR output for external control (the USBUIRT plugin is more than buggy)
    3 world peace :wink:

L

Loki047

1. Commercial Skip
    2. Better options to record shows(look at the options GB has) allow for reruns to be skipped.
    3. Stability maybe spefici releases for specific cards, or specific installation profiles for certain cards.

But i love this program, and its proved its excellence when i was able to restar with my tv tuner still working :) first time for that ever!

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, I'd like to see:

1. Support for Kernel Streaming (at least in My Music).

2. Ability to use more than one of each of the basic plug-ins, the way you can in myHTPC. I'd like to add separate 'My Videos' plug-ins, with separate 'home folders'. That way I could separate music videos from tv-series from movies from home videos etc. I know I can add several paths to My Videos but it's really not the same thing. I want to be able to watch a music video without first seeing a list of hollywood movies.

3. That you guys keep up your excellent work on this product. I've never before seen this mix of tweakable options, slick design and unmatched price!

N

neguso

1. Better Winfast PVR2000 support
    2. Better interface responsivnes (trade memory for speed)
    3. Stability

keep up the good work guys ;)

LastMar

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2004
    G14. Why don't the devs fix old games instead of adding new ones?

Simple. Adding new games is both relatively easy and relatively interesting. Sometimes, as soon as a dump becomes available, all one has to do is add the game info and ROM names to the proper drivers, recompile, and the game works perfectly. By contrast, fixing the existing games is usually both tedious and difficult. Often this requires that the dev play the game through to the point where the bug occurs, then step through the disassembled machine code line by line. Repeatedly. Ad nauseam. Once the error is understood, the dev has to write good, clean code that will correct the problem without breaking anything else on any of the hardware platforms that MAME runs on (which is often harder than you'd think).

Sometimes, despite their best efforts, it turns out that there's nothing they can do:

Fix the sound in Asteroids? Not doable unless you intimately understand discrete circuitry as well as the inner workings of a $5000 piece of modeling software that you'd better have a copy of lying around.

Add the voice to Wizard of Wor? Not unless you can emulate a chip that's been out of production for 20 years, for which the only known documentation is an old, threadbare data sheet written in Japanese and cribbed from a former Sanyo employee.

Fix the colors in Pig Newton? Not unless you can track down one of the fewer than 10 remaining existing boards and dump the color PROM from it.

Fix the graphics glitches in Mole Attack? Well, the game is interacting with some protection device that's totally unknown because we have no boards, no schematics, nothing. What values is the device looking for? Golly, I wish we knew!

Fix the cocktail mode in game X, Y, or Z? Hmmm...let's play blindman's bluff with the DIP switches and go hunting for the proper background and sprite registers. Is that it? Noooo... How about that one? Noooo.... Hey, two down, only thirty more to go for this particular DIP-switch setting...!

A recommendation: If you want a bug in your favorite game to be fixed, report it at MAME Testers and try to characterize it as specifically and with as much relevant detail as you can. The devs will get to it eventually, really they will. If they don't get there fast enough for you, well, you'll just have to learn C and wade in there yourself. Then maybe you'll find out what a pain in the neck maintenance and repair can be.

The cry goes up, "But I'm not a programmer!"

Sorry, but if you aren't willing to wait and yet aren't willing to learn, then stuff a sock in it.

From the MAME faq:
    http://www.mame.net/mamefaq.html

I think it applies pretty well.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Flash - anyone?

Has anyone started to work on a flash skin? A skin that would allow flash elements (buttons, icons, weather objects [rain/sun/snow/etc]) to be used as well as flash (animated) backgound?

Would it require some major work on the MP framework?

Mike Zemina

Pingus

Portal Member
    February 2, 2005
    Denmark
    Sure lot of our wishes are appearing in the future, BUT:

1. I really really would like a config-option for something like:

... What plugin (DVD, Music, TV, Guide etc.) would you like to start automatically next time MP starts.

2. Support for standard MPEG2 streams as output for recorded tv.

3. Release 0.2.0.0 in near future :)

M

mikey1134

my three requests:

1) time shifting for software tuner cards. I know this has been given a low priority, but believe it or not there are a lot of us out there with these cards and we'd love to use Media Portal for TV but we can't.
    2) faster load times. this might not be possible, but if it is, it would be nice
    3) don't have a three

I praise the MP team for an awesome program. It's so close to perfect and an excellent example of open source on windows

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    1. Multi-monitor support.
    2. Support for the Technotrend Premium / Hauppauge Nexus-S
    3. A plugin for MS Autoroute or another navigation software, I'll think about a MP based PC in my car.

gdde

February 22, 2005
    Belgium
    1. automatically mpeg2 when recording (no dvr-ms) + cutout commercial tool+ burner plugin (XP burner pro).
    2. import export tool + no restart (reload= ok) after changing properties
    3. Pictures Viewing slideshow mix *.jpg and *.mov or *.avi.
    4. Complete documentation extract in pdf from wiki.

MP will stay my favorite HTPC solution :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom