What's your Top 3 requests ??? (1 Viewer)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    regarding better sw-cards support...

People that cannot use their card cause it is unsupported can only be helped on IRC. So come to #mediaportal on EFNET and meet up with frodo there.
    We want this to, but it's the people with these cards that make the first step into coming to IRC.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    forget linux.
    I will never port Mediaportal to linux

Besides that, my opinion is that polls like this are useless.
    Ask 1000 ppl what they would like to see next in MediaPortal and you'll get 1000 different answers (or just 1 saying i want all and i want it now)

anway, if you wanna know my list
    1. bug fixing
    2. TVGuide search
    3. adding support for DVB-T (as soon as i get my card&antenna)

Frodo

A

Anonymous

frodo said:

It's just to have someting to do. A community want's to talk and chat about useless things ;)

And btw, I want it all and I want it now... ;)

A

Anonymous

frodo said:
    Ask 1000 ppl what they would like to see next in MediaPortal and you'll get 1000 different answers (or just 1 saying i want all and i want it now)

Sorry frodo but I have to disagree with you here. So far over half of those leaving responses have asked for at least one of two specific areas. Namely, better SW card support and standby/hibernate functionality.

Thought you might find it interesting what the general masses would like. All you must ever hear is "I want this" and "fix this". This thread tries to show the most important things to general community people.

As I said earlier, we're just happy to be here for the ride. Anything you manage to acheive is a big bonus for us.

A

Anonymous

Ok, my turn! Check these out!

1.) Direct channel input for the TV module by entering the channel number followed the enter key.

2.) Caller ID

and last but not least, for all of us that have to still use our 19 inch monitors because we are not fortunate enough to have a giant screen TV to hook our system up to :

3.) A screensaver that only activates when you have been on the main screen of MP for a pre-specified amount of time. Not just any screensaver, but one that rotates between the current weather, email notification and either caller id or specified news feeds.

N2that

A

Anonymous

mama said:
    1.) Direct channel input for the TV module by entering the channel number followed the enter key.

Why this? It´s already in MP without enter :?: :!:

That's interesting, whenever I enter a number directly to change channels, I always get a channel number other than the one I entered. What Gives?

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Maybe you enter the number the channel has in the cable network? You have to enter the number, the channel has in the row you set in the config.

Example:

1. ARD chan 24
    2. ZDF chan 20
    3. RTL chan 12

So you have to enter "1" to watch ARD, not 24.

Maybe that´s the fault?

Tricky

September 21, 2004
    I only have 2 at the moment:-

1) DVB support
    2) MP server to allow XBOX front end control through XBMC

OK maybe a third
    3) SoftCam support with DVB-S equipment

mytheatre and avbroadcaster can allow the xbox to be front end live TV system with channel control and pause live TV through XBMC (an excellent package Frodo) :lol: but I would like to use your software as previous experience shows how good it will be!!

Cheers
    Tricky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom