wheather plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I mean have a new control that shows an image from a url.
Currently you can place images anywhere and simply define the filename to show.
Allowing someone to define a file online would handle this satellite picture idea but also allow skin makers to use this feature anywhere else in the skin for other picturs perhaps.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    just found a tipp for a

Germany rain radar.

Nice for your BBQ or outdoor activities.

Looking forward to a flexible definition of a radar pic source in MP :)

tomtom21000

0,2236,161,00.gif

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    k this was so nice that

1. I extended the skinning engine so it could show pictures from the internet
    2. added support for animated gifs
    3. extended my weather to show a user specified satellite image

Now all that is left is that Bonkalord modifies the setup
    so people can actually enter the URL of the sat. images

Frodo

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if it is possible to display a series of static gif maps to make up moving image.

The reason is the animated radar picture for Australia is actually a loop of 4 static gifs. See here for what I mean.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR503.loop.shtml

Not had a chance to play with the new Weather plugin so its maybe already supported?

Thanks.

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    can anyone confirm this?
    I have 3 cities (Berlin, Biarritz, Brisbane).
    Doesn't matter which city the wheather is shown for when I click on satellite I always have the german rain radar.
    I have not setup pics for the cities.
    using MP00010
    cheffe

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    yes I think it is in there as default or example.
    set something in setup and the right one will be displayed.
    Delete the new one again or place a non working link and you will probably have no picture (as happened to me when i set a non working url) if you don´t want a picture (but as you started this thrad I think you want one)

tomtom21000

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this with further changes. I've checked the models and there are no variables, that could be easily called.
    Hi, I'll move this into an own thread under "feature requests". I like the idea, but I think we can currently not implement this...
    MP2 is great, but I‘d rely one change. I can have optional help texts, which are nice for a first time use, but then do not have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom