[Finished] When switching to WMC Skin the context still says Blue-Vision Konfiguration (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    upload_2017-1-6_22-46-11.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx , @ge2301
    • Should this entry be just "Configuration" in English rather than "BV config? It seems to be hardcoded, which will be in conflict with new skins that may come in the future.
    • How can we deal with situations where configuration is done elsewhere, like in WMC?
    • Can this entry be suppressed in one skin but not in the other?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I told this already to @morpheus_xx. It would be better to have skin settings in general, that can be used by every skin individually.
    The way @Brownard introduced skin settings to WMC is much better, because only visible for WMC skin. There is also a thread with the discussion, but I couldn't find it yet.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Should this entry be just "Configuration" in English rather than "BV config? It seems to be hardcoded, which will be in conflict with new skins that may come in the future.
    • How can we deal with situations where configuration is done elsewhere, like in WMC?
    • Can this entry be suppressed in one skin but not in the other?
    1. No, this options are currently only for BV skin, so the name is right
    2. Obviously each skin brings new ideas and requirements
    3. The option is not accessible when another skin is active.

The way @Brownard introduced skin settings to WMC is much better, because only visible for WMC skin. There is also a thread with the discussion, but I couldn't find it yet.
    Ok, then please change it to same way as done for WMC. I can merge rework branches when done.
    Please don't forget the custom splash screen option for which we now need another solution (the skin sets the name of custom splash screen)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, then please change it to same way as done for WMC. I can merge rework branches when done.
    Please don't forget the custom splash screen option for which we now need another solution (the skin sets the name of custom splash screen)
    The skin settings from Brownard have a direct connection to the skins by a parameter.
    Example: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...925#diff-b2b732c2718a46b4951c8c7465ea2b19R145
    Currently the BV settings don't have it, so it's at mainly related to changes in #C. @Brownard can you confirm, that concurrent skin settings for skins can be introduced in general without conbflicting each other (I believe so, because settings are in plugin.xml, right?).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I saw that the Jira-Ticket was assigned to me. If I could, I'd do it directly, but it's at least 95% a #C task, so I fear I'm the wrong one. I tried to say that with my previous post :) At first the settings "model" needs to be implemented into other skins and the current BV settings are affecting directly xaml code, so most probably this must be also connected in #C.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Assign it to somebody else then. But we may want to ask him first ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard thanks a lot for your branch, that is solving the problem. BV Configuration is shown in "Skin Settings" also in BV skin. (y)
    I merged it also into WMC_v3 branch and pushed a small fix, that corrects the localisation code. I moved it from language.xaml in WMC skin to Default skin with corrected name. You can merge the fix from here.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Done, JIRA updated with branch. I moved it to the Skin Settings section
    I moved it from language.xaml in WMC skin to Default skin with corrected name. You can merge the fix from here.
    Thanks..there was another usage of the WMC string for the home menu entry but I'll take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread