Where can I access IRSS in Mediaportal 2 (1 Viewer)

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The downloads page for IRSS specifies that it is supported in Mediaportal 2 out of the box. I cannot find it within MP2 settings.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I cannot find it within MP2 settings.
    There is no settings. All that has to be configured has to be done inside irss. When you've done there you need nothing more to do for using your remote in MP2.

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi.
    I cannot find it within MP2 settings.
    There is no settings. All that has to be configured has to be done inside irss. When you've done there you need nothing more to do for using your remote in MP2.

OK thanks. I use a VRC-1100and although IRSS detects it as a Philips MCE remote, there was no response with MP2 which is why I was looking for further settings within MP2.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I use a VRC-1100
    The Ortek VRC-1100 is the same as the Hama 00052451. I recently created a new config file for the Ortek/Hama for MP1, but it does not work for MP2. However...

The following post describes a fix made to an MP2 plugin that apparently makes the Ortek/Hama work with MP2. I guess that you need to install the plugin mentioned, and use the config file provided in that post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/inputdevice-manager-for-mp2.132254/page-4#post-1179046

I have not used that plugin, or indeed MP2, so cannot offer any more advice. If you have any questions, perhaps @osre could help?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin should work.
    You "just" Need to copy the files from the download in the OP to your MP2 plugin Directory.
    But you can not simply use my config file.
    1st: It contains the HID device Name, which is different on every Computer.
    2nd: Since I do not use yet use this in production, I can currently not confirm if the mapping is complete, and if there are some unwanted side effects.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can copy your Settings.
    1. create your key mapping on one Client.
    2. go to the 2nd Client and map one random key.
    3. open the Settings file from the 2nd Client and note the InputDevice Name and DeviceID
    4. Overwrite the Settings file on 2nd Client with the one from 1st Client
    5. Change InputDevice Name and DeviceID on 2nd Client to the noted values
    6. Repeat for other Clients
    I know this is not a nice procedure, but it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread