Where Does MediaPortal Save the Recordings? (1 Viewer)

primetime

October 26, 2005
Umm... yeah.. so where does it save it? I tried looking in my video folders to no avail.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

It's a setting you can change per capture card. So, go to Television --> Capture cards --> Select your card and click "Edit" --> Choose "Recordings" tab

There, you can "specify the folder in which the recordings of this TV card should be saved".

Kind regards,
    Michel

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

default path is /own documents/my recordings/

Path can be found and specified in:
    Setup->Television->Cards->Edit->Recordings

HTH, Flip.

primetime

October 26, 2005
    Thanks guys.

I have another question about recordings. In GBPVR, there's a program that sits in your System tray that downloads program guides, does the scheduled recordings all without starting GBPVR. (Like a background process, you just set the shows you want to record in GBPVR, exit and do other stuff in Windows like type a report, etc and the background process records silently)

Is there a similar plugin or program for that in MediaPortal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [solved] Purge old recordings DE
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still thinks the old recordings exist. I expected the metadata for the recordings to be in same folder as the PVR but apparently not. How do I make MP2 forget about these old recordings? Needless to say, I tried...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Today my PVR disk died, taking with it a load of old recorded TV programmes. I swapped in a spare drive but I see that MP2 still...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Yup....I've always set it to shares :) .....and just to repeat....all good in 1.30...!
    Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :) Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom