Which EPG guide for Belgium - Dutch? (2 Viewers)

fake9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2006
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    xmltv vs WebEPG

Hi,

I'm still using xmltv but an early version. It still works if you dont upgrade. But is teveblad changes i will have to change to webEPG.

I tried webEPG but found it hard to get it right. Is there a way to copy the file from somebody (parameters) and then import it on a other installation? Does anybody have a working file to integrate in my mediacenter?

Cheerio
    Tv

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Sorry I did not answer earlier. I was abroad when I read this post and decided I would answer "later". Well, I guess it still is "later" :D

I currently use webepg as grabber. Ever since the SVN update of 27th of december, the grabber does not grab Description anymore, as the result of a fix for supporting the weird apostrophe used on the teveblad.be website. I am trying to contact James, the developer of webepg, about this, but he seems a very busy man.

I currently have no access to my MediaPortal, so I cannot copy over my webepg.xml. But if you still need it, ask for it and I'll post it later on.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have not tested webepg under RC1 yet, but I fear it is not fixed yet. I have developed my own tvxb grabber for humo.be but it has some disadvantages like only grabbing a limited amount of descriptions.

Maybe now that they're trying to bring out a stable version, it is the right moment to ask again to fix webepg. I'll make a new post as soon as I've read up all topics and have had the chance to test webepg under RC1.

kasper

Portal Member
    August 15, 2006
    Belgium
    I was using tvxb for over a year now with the webepg from skynet..it's stop working after 1/08. i've read you are using webepg from humo...is it possible to share the tvxb.ini file from humo??

thanks in advanced

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Same issue here, skynet completely changed their webpage, and can't get it to download anymore.

humo tvxb.ini would be very welcome

Just found out how easy it is to download the humo one.

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    I'm not finished yet but it's easy as this :
    in TVxb.ini just trash everything where it starts reading [blabla.nl]

Then recreate from scratch using the humo channel names :
    (I'm still testing with and without the "special=ignoreallformatting", i think with the parameter is best)

----------------------
    [canvas.nl]
    name=Canvas
    icon=http://www.humo.be/epg/gfx/logos/canvas-logo.gif
    url=http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs.xsl/epg_zender.html?channel=Canvas&dag=[day=mm/dd/yyyy]
    special=ignoreallformatting

[Ketnet.nl]
    name=Ketnet
    icon=http://www.humo.be/epg/gfx/logos/ketnet.gif
    url=http://www.humo.be/cps/rde/xchg/humo/hs.xsl/epg_zender.html?channel=Ketnet&dag=[day=mm/dd/yyyy]
    ---------------

I haven't done this for all channels yet, as I said, I just found out how to do this (I used to just use the skynet copy from the website)

On the Humo website you can find out all channel names easily enough.
    When i'm finished creating my ini file I will post it too, but I haven't got much time this week.

You will notice after you first run the Download guide it will add a few lines to your ini file :

"
    start=2 ! possible alternative start-time = 3
    title=4
    description=4(1)
    "

It does this automaticly, so no need to type this all in when you create the file.

I hope this helps you.

Joris.

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Uploaded the ini file.

It's more or less ready, just need to add the "telenet mosaic" one with 0000 2359 so it reads something instead of just "nothing available".

If you have a quick read through the file you'll find how easy it is to add others from the humo website.

Have fun !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom