Which EPG guide for Belgium - Dutch? (1 Viewer)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Maybeme,
That is gr8 news.
Would I still be able to capture EGP data for all those countries, in one single run, into one tvguide.xml file, when using mc2xml?
Flemish, Englisch (including BBC HD and ITV HD), Walloon, French, German (including Arte HD), Italian, Spanish,Portugese, Turkish

maybeme

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
From the FAQ:
* Can I combine channels from multiple lineups and put them in one xml file?

o If you are mindful of duplicate channels when creating your .chl files you can save your lineups to different .dat files and then chain them with the "-I xmlfile" insertion parameter

+ mc2xml -D NL.dat -C NL.chl -o NL.xml
+ mc2xml -D UK.dat -C UK.chl -I NL.xml -o UK_NL.xml
+ mc2xml -D DE.dat -C DE.chl -I UK_NL.xml -o DE_UK_NL.xml

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
maybeme,
Probably I'll have to learn a new way of "coding". I think I'm up to that challenge.

2 more questions:
How many days ahead does mc2xml provide on your EPG?
Which of the areas listed above do you list stations from. (I mean, maybe I could use part of your mc2xml setup to save some time)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello fellow Belgians

This week-end I've experimented a bit with mc2xml.
-As it provides better information for Belgian broadcasts than humo does, and as it does not produce difficult situation for multipage humo information, I'm now using mc2xml.
-As I've got high satisfaction on information retrieved for german and english broadcasts from other web schedule providers, I'm still using tvxb for those. tvxb allows to import an external xmltv file quite easily
-Currently I'm running an at 2.45AM an mc2xml batch and at 3.00AM a tvxb batch.

I had to fiddle around with the time synchronisation in between the two sources a bit, but now it's working fine.
(and yes, mc2xml is easy, compared to tvxb, so if you are new to mediaportal, it certainly is a good starting point)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Update:
Since over a month now, I don't have EPG data for Germany any more. This is due to modification on website of tvinfo.de, and now tvxb is not configured to read the new situation anymore. mc2xml still runs fine for Belgian channels.

Question:
Is there anybody using webgrab+ actively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom