Which renderer for Judderfree playback (1 Viewer)

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well... ;)

When changing the refreshrate with shortcuts within MP before starting the movie there is NO problem -> the video normaly starts playing but Reclock can`t do the job, also edterbak`s vbs didnt help here...
    The MPC-Codec also didnt solve it.

The main problem is, that Reclock opens the film and AFTER that the Runevent.vbs starts working... so the refreshratechange brings up the black screen!
    But i wonder why edterbak doesnt have this issue!:confused:
    :(

greets, Rob

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So the problem is that the system cant handle a refreshrate change during playback. Does the line with "WScript.Sleep(5000)" tell how long the script has to wait untill changing the refreshrate? Ifso, maybe you can try lower values..

I dont know why its working on my system. But Im happy that it is :)
    But atleast you have a good manual way to set the correct refreshrate. You can even program the shortcuts to your remote (if you have one).

Is it posible to read a framerate of a media file before it is playyed? Like the mediainfo.dll that is used in TV Series plugin. Maybe using that info for refreshrate changing is an option.. ??

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the problem is that the system cant handle a refreshrate change during playback. Does the line with "WScript.Sleep(5000)" tell how long the script has to wait untill changing the refreshrate? Ifso, maybe you can try lower values.. After stopping the video with 60hz and returning to MP with 50hz the Sleep-command works again...

No it tells the renderer to wait f.e. 3 seconds after changing the refreshrate and then start the playback again... -> black screen even if u wait 20 seconds, it doesnt matter.

I dont know why its working on my system. But Im happy that it is :)
    But atleast you have a good manual way to set the correct refreshrate. You can even program the shortcuts to your remote (if you have one).

Thx to my Antec Fusion Case and Imon(very easy to handle) i programmed my remote yesterday!:cool: Also iam able to toggle ffdshow resize / OSD on off with the remote. So u can switch while watching f.e. a DVD and the wow-effect with upsacling and chroma/luma-sharpen appears.

Is it posible to read a framerate of a media file before it is playyed? Like the mediainfo.dll that is used in TV Series plugin. Maybe using that info for refreshrate changing is an option.. ??

Never heard of that, perhaps ill have a look at it... on the other side i can live with the manual refreshswitch as i only need it for the less HD-content.

:D for your fast answers!:)

greets, Rob

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried the ATI profiles on my LCD tv.

Here is what I found.

when starting an ATI profile it causes the direct3d engine to reset itself.
    U can see this if u use a ATI profile shortcut while looking at the myvideos file list (do not start playback of video).
    Also MP logs state the same ..

My problem is that the ATI profile is carried out at the time where media playback has begun (when using reclock that is).
    When MP detects a "devicereset", which the ATI profiles causes, then it stops playback of media.
    And the user is presented with the myvideos list again.

Ok, lets skip reclock this time - lets make do with ATI shortcuts.

ex.
    screen is currently at 50hz
    We want to start a 24 fps MKV file.
    A 24hz resolution is wanted. So before starting playback of video, lets call the "ATI 24hz" custom profile.
    Viola the LCD screen confirms the 24hz change.

Lets start the flick :)

Whaaaaaaaat ?
    The screen changes back to the resolution that MP was originally started with, in this case 50hz.

damn.

Seems like it requires some changes in the code.

powerstrip does not have this issue, it does not cause a "device reset".

So in my case "ATI profiles" along with MP in its current state is a no go.

Also using pstrip on 2 devices in clonemode only seems to change the refreshrate on the display device connected to the primary port.
    EnTech Taiwan :: View topic - ATI clonemode - pstrip only changes refresh on primary devic

/gibman

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Here is what I found.

when starting an ATI profile it causes the direct3d engine to reset itself.
    U can see this if u use a ATI profile shortcut while looking at the myvideos file list (do not start playback of video).
    Also MP logs state the same ..

My problem is that the ATI profile is carried out at the time where media playback has begun (when using reclock that is).
    When MP detects a "devicereset", which the ATI profiles causes, then it stops playback of media.
    And the user is presented with the myvideos list again.

ex.
    A 24hz resolution is wanted. So before starting playback of video, lets call the "ATI 24hz" custom profile.

Whaaaaaaaat ?
    The screen changes back to the resolution that MP was originally started with, in this case 50hz.

damn.

Seems like it requires some changes in the code.

powerstrip does not have this issue, it does not cause a "device reset".

So in my case "ATI profiles" along with MP in its current state is a no go.

Also using pstrip on 2 devices in clonemode only seems to change the refreshrate on the display device connected to the primary port.
    EnTech Taiwan :: View topic - ATI clonemode - pstrip only changes refresh on primary devic

/gibman

Just like I described here ?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...when-mp-running-doesnt-have-any-effect-43718/

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yes the same issue.

But why even bother with the ATI profiles ?
    U can create powerstrip profiles on the desktop, once they are located on the desktop u can create shortcut keys to them like any other windows shortcut.

Also it seems that powerstrip does support clone mode .. I have to check this soon :)
    Rik Wang replied with a positive answer ;)

/gibman

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ex.

Whaaaaaaaat ?

When i change between the ATI profiles (50hz / 60hz) in MP everything is fine... even starting SD/HD-video or DvD playback will not produce any other refreshratechange - only by pressing one of the 2 buttons on the remote causes a refreshratechange -> It cant be a MP-Code-Issue.

greets, Rob

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    When i change between the ATI profiles (50hz / 60hz) in MP everything is fine... even starting SD/HD-video or DvD playback will not produce any other refreshratechange - only by pressing one of the 2 buttons on the remote causes a refreshratechange -> It cant be a MP-Code-Issue.

greets, Rob

Maybe you are unable to spot the difference between 50Hz and 60Hz or then you are not using exclusive mode with VMR9.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had a discussion with fellow MP devs.

Here is what we concluded.

a) Using ATI profiles will always (with exclusive mode) cause a device reset.
    this device reset will put u back to "home screen" or (as an example) the list in myvideos (if u use the 'show last active module').
    This device reset is unhandy in combination with reclock, since it changes RR (now;RefreshRate) post mediaplayback.
    It should have been done pre mediaplayback.

b) using powerstrip does not (atleast on ATI) cause any device resets.
    So this can be used anywhere any time.

I did try to include the mediainfo lib to mP and I succeeded fetching the framerate for various AVI clips etc.
    No problems.

But what do we do on RTSP streams on multiseat clients when dealing with recorded TV and live TV ?
    Also DVD and BR ?

so the mediainfo lib has a limited usage I guess.

/gibman

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I had a discussion with fellow MP devs.

Here is what we concluded.

a) Using ATI profiles will always (with exclusive mode) cause a device reset.
    this device reset will put u back to "home screen" or (as an example) the list in myvideos (if u use the 'show last active module').
    This device reset is unhandy in combination with reclock, since it changes RR (now;RefreshRate) post mediaplayback.
    It should have been done pre mediaplayback.

b) using powerstrip does not (atleast on ATI) cause any device resets.
    So this can be used anywhere any time.

I did try to include the mediainfo lib to mP and I succeeded fetching the framerate for various AVI clips etc.
    No problems.

But what do we do on RTSP streams on multiseat clients when dealing with recorded TV and live TV ?
    Also DVD and BR ?

so the mediainfo lib has a limited usage I guess.

/gibman

Still doesn't explain why ATI profiles won't work when changing the profile _manually_ (e.g. shortcut keys) _before_ starting to play a video?

When

- Reclock is used _without_ .vbs script
    - Exclusive mode is enabled

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom