Which renderer for Judderfree playback (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for that, what I'm getting confused with it what timings to enter for everything... I have NO idea... I simply want to do as above using gibman's method and his vb script...

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I finally managed to get absolutely smooth judder free playback for all of my HD content! Here's my configuration that works:
- Vista Ultimate, vLited with lots of unnecessary components removed
- SP1 EVR DLLs
- Aero disabled
- MediaPortal set to use EVR and to start in full screen and "Always on top"
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with Catalyst 8.2 drivers
- Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder with DXVA enabled (hardware acceleration)
- ffdshow raw video filter post-processing only to resize to 1920x1080, Lanczos, taps = 2.00, luma sharpen = 1.50. Output = YUY2, Contrast = full range, 709 spec
- Video card resolution and refresh rate: 1920x1080 @ 30Hz (1080i)

While viewing 720p and 1080p X.264 MKVs, everything is finally smooth, judder free and with absolutely no tearing! Live TV MPEG2 720p/1080i is also smooth and without any tearing.

I toyed with this for so long, tried all kinds of decoders (CoreAVC, DivX H.264, MPC, ffdshow, etc.) and finally only get smooth, judder-free, tear-free playback with Cyberlink using hardware acceleration.

Good luck to you all, and hope at least some of you can benefit from my settings!

Btw, this is with RC1 SVN 19453

...and I must add that my picture quality has never been this good!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I toyed with this for so long, tried all kinds of decoders (CoreAVC, DivX H.264, MPC, ffdshow, etc.) and finally only get smooth, judder-free, tear-free playback with Cyberlink using hardware acceleration.

But, if you are using ffdshow for post-processing, then hardware acceleration is automatically disabled ...

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

But, if you are using ffdshow for post-processing, then hardware acceleration is automatically disabled ...

I have to disagree with you on that. When I do RGB32 conversion in ffdshow and output RGB32, then hardware acceleration is definitely disabled. However, if I output YUY2 from ffdshow (latest version) then hardware acceleration works, so: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder = YUY2 -> ffdshow resize = YUY2 -> EVR

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I finally managed to get absolutely smooth judder free playback for all of my HD content! Here's my configuration that works:
    - SP1 EVR DLLs
    - Aero disabled
    - ffdshow raw video filter post-processing only to resize to 1920x1080, Lanczos, taps = 2.00, luma sharpen = 1.50. Output = YUY2, Contrast = full range, 709 spec

While viewing 720p and 1080p X.264 MKVs, everything is finally smooth, judder free and with absolutely no tearing! Live TV MPEG2 720p/1080i is also smooth and without any tearing.

Good luck to you all, and hope at least some of you can benefit from my settings!

Hmm, I see that you use 30Hz on your TV. I use 60Hz on mine, so your settings should work just fine for me as well in theory right?

Are you encountering any problems playing 23.976 and 25 fps?

Best regards,
    Zappza

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    - SP1 EVR DLLs
    - Aero disabled

Hmm, I see that you use 30Hz on your TV. I use 60Hz on mine, so your settings should work just fine for me as well in theory right?

Are you encountering any problems playing 23.976 and 25 fps?

Best regards,
    Zappza
    As long as everything is correctly configured on your system to always use hardware acceleration then you shouldn't have any problems with 23.976/25/30 fps video. The ATI hardware acceleration will do a great job converting the source fps to 60Hz. Better than any software configuration I've tried, and I've tried many.

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Thanks for that, what I'm getting confused with it what timings to enter for everything... I have NO idea... I simply want to do as above using gibman's method and his vb script...

I'm with you !!!

I have NO idea what i am doing!!! I have install Reclock and Powerstrip and set all settings as per this thread. Now I get to the scripting part and have no idea which way to look.
    I am guessing that the Reclock icon in the system tray should always be "green"? Yellow is bad since we do not want Reclock to change the FPS??

A little more step by step help on the scripting side would be very helpful ;)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can someone please help me with the vb script file. Im trying to get ReClock it to change resolutions using ATI CCC profiles.
    Got a lcdscreen which does 24p / 50i/p 60p. So I think the best solution is:
    if file is 24fps, set ATI to 24p (profilename=24p)
    if file is 25fps, set ATI to 50P (profilename=50p)
    if file is 30fps, set ATI to 60P (profilename=60p)

I dont wanna use PowerStrip. It messes up the screen sometimes and sometimes doesnt do what its told... weird.

Oh, Bytheway. I think I have an additional issue with reclock. I need to force it in place de direct3d renderers. But because I use DVI>HDMI (Video+Audio) sometimes I loose the correct audio settings for spdif AC3/DTS passthrough. Or am I doing something wrong?

Hope someone can help with the VBS part. :)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Check the attached rar file.

edit the file.

Find;

usePowerStrip = False
    useATIProfiles = True

Use one or the other methods :)

Also u need to insert ur own profiles instead of mine;
    Look for
    "htpc,dual 720p 85hz" confusing name 85hz, just a test, u would have 24 hz here-
    "htpc,dual 720p 50hz"

also if u run 24hz, then u need 2 edit;

"If currentRefreshRate <> "48" Then "

to

"If currentRefreshRate <> "24" Then "

changing ATI profiles works here ok.

/gibman

Can someone please help me with the vb script file. Im trying to get ReClock it to change resolutions using ATI CCC profiles.
    Got a lcdscreen which does 24p / 50i/p 60p. So I think the best solution is:
    if file is 24fps, set ATI to 24p (profilename=24p)
    if file is 25fps, set ATI to 50P (profilename=50p)
    if file is 30fps, set ATI to 60P (profilename=60p)

I dont wanna use PowerStrip. It messes up the screen sometimes and sometimes doesnt do what its told... weird.

Oh, Bytheway. I think I have an additional issue with reclock. I need to force it in place de direct3d renderers. But because I use DVI>HDMI (Video+Audio) sometimes I loose the correct audio settings for spdif AC3/DTS passthrough. Or am I doing something wrong?

Hope someone can help with the VBS part. :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Gibman, THANKS!!!

I would never have been able to create it like you have. Sweet!
    I adjusted the file according to your suggestions. I will test the file within the hour (when the GF is done watching her soap).

btw, I dont know if im correct, but I think you forgot to add the [ATIprofile = "profilename"] with NTSC and 29970>60Hz section. I copied it from the line above. I noticed it being there in all other rules, and added it to those aswell.

I will report back if it is working for me like it is. :) THANKS AGAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom