Which version should i be using: (1 Viewer)

n30

December 5, 2005
I currently have version 0.2,

But i seem to have quite a few bugs, looking back it seems this is a beta. i have a BlackGold DVB-t card and running XP Sp2

Should i download the latest non beta?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I would first try the latest CVS file from the link on the front page... If this still has too many bugs for you... I would move back to 1.3. I am running RC1 with a CVS from a couple days ago and it seems to be working pretty good. I do not use the TV portion... which is where most people are seeing most of the bugs...

n30

December 5, 2005
    If i download the latest build it seems to be just the files. I guess that i overwrite my current files with these? Do i then have to run anything afterwards?

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    n30 said:
    I currently have version 0.2,

But i seem to have quite a few bugs, looking back it seems this is a beta. i have a BlackGold DVB-t card and running XP Sp2

Should i download the latest non beta?

In case you weren't already aware, the whole program is still technically a BETA which is why it's a 0.x release and not a 1.x release.

80sman

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2005
    UK
    Also be aware that if you install the latest cvs you need to upgrade to .net 2 runtime.

Make sure you fully uninstall any previous .net installed before installing .net 2 because it doesn't seem to over write it quite right.

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You do not need to delete the previous dot net version, because different dot net versions can co-exist on one machine.

From the team-mediaportal.de site:

Install:
    1) Install latest testrelease 0.2, not necessary if already done
    1a) install .NET Framework Version 2.0
    1b) install Mozilla ActiveX Control for Web Browser (required atm)
    2) Backup your current installation! Copy the whole folder to a save place.
    3) Overwrite your MediaPortal files with the ones from the CVS Build
    4) execute the start.bat to reregister some needed files
    5) Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
    6) Hopefully enjoy the new version
    7) If not, just make a repair or backup your old files, and you will have the old version back.
    7a) put a backlink on your HP to http://www.myshare.de ;)

Users who are viewing this thread