[confirm] Why oh Why :( Read() no open file (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Why oh Why :( Read() no open file

miroslav22
    What is about the users wo don't see this problem? Should we use V4 or V3? My only problem is still that sometimes the picture get's slow and then suddenly runs very fast to the actual "real" position it should be.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    V4 was just an attempt to fix the file open problem (I think you sent me a patch for this that retried more times). It creates the next timeshift file in advance of the previous one being filled. The theory was that that the next file isn't created quickly enough.

As I haven't been able to replicate this problem I can't confirm if V4 helps. Other than this V4 is identical to V3.

We must have some difference in set ups. Network speed/disk speed doesn't seem to be it. It could be server OS that is different maybe? I use Windows 7 across the board. Other than that we're getting into really vague differences like virus scanners causing problems!!

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi guys,

Very sorry to disappoint but it doesn't look like i'm going to be able to fix the issues over UNC. I've tried everything I can think of but the initial stuttering and the file open problem I just cannot replicate.

I'm seeing all SD channels run quite well but some HD channels run very badly. There seems to be little difference in performance for me if the patch is used or not.

I've asked in the team forum for advice on the best way forward. The only solution I can propose is to have an option to switch tsreader/tswriter back to use the old method in the patch.

:sorry:

To bad :(

just weird that it is happening on some installations and not others?

I still need to try to replace the NIC in my server to see if that makes a difference.

regards
    Jacob

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tried replacing the NIC (realtek to intel) Still happening :(

have you checked pci latency for ur NIC? I did check mine and it was set to "0". I did change mine (to 32) and it seems to have made a difference - knock on wood ;)

maybe placebo effect but worth a try... ill keep testing
    /tompa

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tried replacing the NIC (realtek to intel) Still happening :(

have you checked pci latency for ur NIC? I did check mine and it was set to "0". I did change mine (to 32) and it seems to have made a difference - knock on wood ;)

maybe placebo effect but worth a try... ill keep testing
    /tompa

Is this on the TV-server or the client? And did you do it from BIOS?

:D

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Guys,

Im reviving my old thread here. Im still having this problem and it is driving me crazy. IS noone else seeing this?

I have replaced EVERYTHING since but it has not helped one bit. Im also running without AV software now. Im out of options to try.

I really could use some expert help!

tompa
    Did you get rid of your problem?

Regards
    Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom