WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
March 7, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi there.. i have a problem to install the new version it always claims that it needs version 1.1.2 which is installed...

any ideas???

regards robertino

downlinx

Portal Member
March 11, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
got an issue with the plugin. I install it and set it up and as soon as i try to connect through ampdroid, and i then go to the plugin configure, the plugin gets and error stating that there is a duplicate string with an unexpeted handling error and asks me to close media portal congurator.
they only way to get back into the plugin is to unistall MP and reload everything. I am suing MP 1.2.1.

markus84

Portal Member
May 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.5 [2011-11-01]

got an issue with the plugin. I install it and set it up and as soon as i try to connect through ampdroid, and i then go to the plugin configure, the plugin gets and error stating that there is a duplicate string with an unexpeted handling error and asks me to close media portal congurator.
they only way to get back into the plugin is to unistall MP and reload everything. I am suing MP 1.2.1.

I got the same issue (duplicate string) by starting the wifiremote plugin configuration.

what can i do, idea?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    downlinx, markus84: Is there any additional information in the Configuration.log or MediaPortal.log file? Can you please make sure that you don't have any plugins installed more than once (by renaming the dll file)?

Robertino: Does the problem still exist? Which installer did you use?

RobertinoM

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi there.. yes still the same.. I was using the package from googlecode..

it's always claimin I need 1.1.2 at least... :-( so I stuck on the old version

regs.

robertino

markus84

Portal Member
    May 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.5 [2011-11-01]

I Installed "WifiRemote_0.5.0.mpe1" from googlecode.

After the Installation i could start it one time for configuration. But now i get the error.

In configuration log only:
    2011-11-25 06:26:30.598544 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: loadPlugins C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\WifiRemote.dll
    2011-11-25 06:26:30.668548 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: load active image from resource - WifiRemote.Resources.logo_radio.png
    2011-11-25 06:26:30.670548 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: load deactivated image from resource - WifiRemote.Resources.logo_radio_disabled.png

To rename the plugin dll's i will test this evening.

downlinx

Portal Member
    March 11, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i got a new ssd, so i am going to reinstall everything and i will let you know how it goes.

GillBates

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Hey Shukuyen, I am playing around with building some remotes on top of wifiremote and I found what *may* be a bug, actually it's more of a typo.
    To send a playfile command according to the wiki you need to send:
    Type (playfile)
    FileType (video|audio)
    FilePath

this didn't work in my tests and after browsing in the code for wifiremote.socketserver (socketserver.cs, line 608) I found that the program was expecting Filepath (note the lower 'p'), once I fixed this in my client everything is working great.

Thanks for a great plugin! I am really enjoying it!

--Edit---
    Also, is there a reason why video playlists can't be loaded the same way audio ones are?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Shukuyen, I am playing around with building some remotes on top of wifiremote and I found what *may* be a bug, actually it's more of a typo.
    To send a playfile command according to the wiki you need to send:
    Type (playfile)
    FileType (video|audio)
    FilePath

this didn't work in my tests and after browsing in the code for wifiremote.socketserver (socketserver.cs, line 608) I found that the program was expecting Filepath (note the lower 'p'), once I fixed this in my client everything is working great.

Thanks for a great plugin! I am really enjoying it!

--Edit---
    Also, is there a reason why video playlists can't be loaded the same way audio ones are?

Good catch, thanks! I fixed the docs. You are right, by our "naming conventions" this should be FilePath but must have slipped through with a lower p. I think it's too late to change that in code, so I added a notice to the wiki explaining that special case.

The reason why there are no playlists for videos is that nobody implemented it yet :)
    I don't use playlists at all, so this was never really high on my priority list. If you are interested in that feel free to submit a patch ;-) or you can bug me or DieBagger long enough until we put it in! I have scheduled an issue here: Issue 80 - wifiremote - Playlists for videos - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting so we don't forget.

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi Shukuyen,

I just wanted to add that I had experienced exactly the same as "downlinx" (MP 1.2.1).
    Initially I could get to the plugin configure and than suddenly stopped working spitting same errors.
    I tried everything but uninstalling the MP and I couldn't make it work again.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom