WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

rexdog

Portal Member
January 1, 2010
Home Country
Australia Australia
After searching for the part of the error "item with same key has already been added" I found the solution post in the middle of this thread :oops:

deleting the wifi section in mediaportal.xml (then reinstalling) worked for me too. Thanks JohnAnderton for solution and Shukuyen for plugin

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.5 [2011-11-01]

Hello I think this thread should be updated. Because there is a new Version 0.6 out since (26.12.2011) And I have a question because there are a few Issues with the Milestone 0.6. Are the Issues solved in Version 0.6 or must them change to another Version like 0.7 ?

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    I am having a problem getting .6 to load on my HTPC running MP 1.2.2. The program appears to load correctly, but when I go into configuration it does not appear. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I loaded MP and wifiremote on another pc and looked at the mediaportal.xml file. The PC working has the section for wifiremote, the other does not. How can I clean out wifiremote completely so MP does not know it was even installed?

schumach

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Shukuyen,

I was wondering why the version isn't updated to 0.6 in the topicstart and in the extension installer yet..

I also like to say thanks for made this plugin compatible with voxcomando.. I'm using it now for testing for a couple of days and it's really awesome!!!

I couldn't believe that it was working so great.. I hope to see a final version of that software soon.. I think it needs some huge attention here on the side..

:D

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Problem with playchannel and Voxcomando

Hello!

I've an small issue changing tv channels by calling them by voice with VoxCommando. The problem is that when I say a channel name, lets say "B B C" before switching the channel, MP opens MyTV menu :mad: and after that shows Full Screen TV. If I change them using my remote, MP never goes to MyTV instead it goes directly to the new channel without previously passing to any other screen (in my opinion, as expected). I've make this question also in Voxcommand.com forum withought success. May be is a bug of WifiRemote??? Can we call channel changes directly?

I've MP config set to "Directly show full Screen TV" could the problem be related to this option?

Thanks
    Alex

timmieschin

Portal Member
    January 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Is there an installation guide for this plugin available.

I can connect to it locally via the local test prog, but ampdroid connections fail.

I suspect it relates to ports, so looking to understand which ports need to be open on PC and router.

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.5 [2011-11-01]

if you are on your on your local lan and want to connect to it you don't have to forward ports on your router. check your firewall on your htpc.
    for the first test I would recommend to disable the firewall and try it again. If it works you can start open the ports in your firewall. If you want to know which ports you have to open you can have a look into the configuration of the plugin

timmieschin

Portal Member
    January 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Re: AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.5 [2011-11-01]

Hi, thanks for your response.

The problem seems to have addressed itself, as I retired the same process I had previously gone through and all is now working. Firewall is on, appropriate ports open etc - as they were when I was having the issue. It appears the issue may have related more to me needing to reboot, as I can't see anything else that I have done which would have made a difference.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a question. I'm loving this application just using the Windows demo client. Is there a full featured Windows client? Controlling my MP computer from another computer is very handy for me. As always, TIA.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    I have a question. I'm loving this application just using the Windows demo client. Is there a full featured Windows client? Controlling my MP computer from another computer is very handy for me. As always, TIA.

I think it doesn't fit WifiRemote's role.
    Maybe a Windows clone of Ampdroid would be much suitable for everyone also when Windows 8 is also taken into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom