WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (3 Viewers)

guardianbs

Portal Member
October 23, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have simple question. I have the latest version of WiFi-Remote installed on version 1.13 of MediaPortal. Should I be able to play .iso files with the 'playfile' command ?

I can play .ts files just fine using WiFi-Remote and .iso files play fine when launched by MediaPortal.

When requesting an .iso file via WiFi-Remote 'playfle' the MediaPortal screen flashes but the .iso file does not play. WiFi-Remote sends back 9 status messages which do not indicate any error - just reporting the current state of MediaPortal.

The MediaPortal log shows

[DEBUG] - [WIFI_REMOTE] Client identified: . . .
[DEBUG] - [WIFI_REMOTE] Play video file: . . .(and the correct name of he file)

and then nothing else.

Any help would be appreciated.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The issue has been there for a long time and has been reported before. I couldnt get it to fully work either but had different issue. Instead I use the command that uses mpextended ids. Maybe this is not documented and one need to check source to understand usage...

guardianbs

Portal Member
    October 23, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    johanj / Shukuyen

Thanks for responding. Any chance you could expand a little on this solution. I do not recall a reference to a command that uses mpextended ids in the WiFi-Remote Wiki ? How are these used ? Where are they documented ?

JasMan

Portal Member
    May 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I've just upraded my MePo installation from 1.15 to 1.16, and after the first start it said that WifiRemote_TMP is incompatible with 1.16. The extension is disabled now.
    According to the extension website WifiRemote is compatible with 1.16. Have I did something wrong?
    Thank you.
    Jas Man

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    if you look in the 1st message of this thread you should find link to "WifiRemote 0.8.3.1 from the project page"

New in v0.8.3.1
    Compatibility with MediaPortal 1.16 Pre Release
    Enforce video playback on main thread

JasMan

Portal Member
    May 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    *ouch*
    Sorry, I'm a stupid Jas. :(
    I saw only the date of the initial post and thought "old shit".....Thank you for your help.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Oh no! I upgraded to 1.17 and now this plugin is forced to be disabled due to incompatibility. Will it be upgraded to support 1.17 in the near future, or do I need to downgrade to 1.16?

Stephen Bromfield

Portal Member
    March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi mrceolla,
    Rather than downgrade your Mediaportal you need to update WifiRemote, here is a link to the new version:-
    Release WifiRemote 0.8.3.1 · MPExtended/WifiRemote · GitHub
    Once downloaded, open MediaPortal Configuration, click on Plugins and then on 'Browse and install new plugins'
    On the Installed extensions tab select WifiRemote then click Uninstall
    Then click on File and open and navigate to where you downloaded WifiRemote and select to install

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom