WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] | Page 53

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by Shukuyen, May 5, 2011.

1. packstlauren
    • Premium Supporter

packstlauren MP Donator

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    I have try that :

echo -e \"{\"Type\":\"playchannel\",\"ChannelId\":\"15\",\"StartFullscreen\":\"true\"}\r\n\" | nc host 8017

but in the log i've got

[2015-10-20 20:05:36,541] [Log ] [57 ] [WARN ] - [WIFI_REMOTE] WifiRemote Communication Error: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Current JsonReader item is not an object: String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. curmudgeon

curmudgeon Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    I have Roomie Remote installed in my iPhone and have been using it to run all of my audio-video equipment except for MediaPortal. Remotes are defined in Roomie with XML in an Apple .plist format. Any ideas on how to incorporate the wfiremote.xml file into a .plist format to work with Roomie Remote so I have a remote for my MediaPortal PC running the WifiRemote extension would be appreciated. I like the convenience of having all my remotes in one app on my iPhone.

4. Spaldo
    • Premium Supporter

Spaldo MP Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Has anyone got the Logitech Harmony remotes working with MediaPortal (ie. without the IR receiver). Similar to using the CouchPotato app?

5. Shukuyen
    • Premium Supporter

Shukuyen Community Plugin Dev

Developer
    Ratings:
    +261 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi Pack,

you are correct, WifiRemote provides a socket server that clients can connect to. I chose that over a HTTP Rest service to be able to send real time data back and forth on a persistent connection. The server (wifiremote) should be able to tell the clients that something is playing at the moment. That wouldn't have been practical via HTTP / TCP.

Have you tried telnet as a socket client on linux? Not sure how to script that, though.

Best,
    Shukuyen[DOUBLEPOST=1453410335][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I don't know that app, sorry. Plist is just an xml file with defined structure, so you should be able to edit that in any text editor of your choice. The wifiremote.xml file is nothing defined by WifiRemote, it is a remote mapping file that MediaPortal can read.

6. Tracy Oakley

Tracy Oakley Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,
    Is it possible to send "Aspect Ratio" as a command? I see it in the wifiremote.xml file, but it does not fire when I try to send it using the plugin. Can I edit something to make that button work?

7. dkw99

dkw99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I am looking at using anymote to replace my harmony universal remote in my home theatre. anymote supports sending network commands using UDP, TCP, HTTP GET and HTTP POST. I tried sending some basic commands using the TCP network command using the JSON syntax from the and didn't work.
    I have tried sending the following command on it's own
    {"Type":"command", "Command":"tvguide"}

and then with the following Auth command sent followed by the command above.

{"Type":"identify","Name":"My S7","Application":"anymote","Version","0.3.1.2","Authenticate":{"AuthMethod":"userpass","Password":"","User":""}

Has anyone got the WIFIremote plugin to work with anymote or similar programs?

thanks in advance

8. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +4,166 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hello,
    Due to an bump on myvideo dependancy for the next MP Release, this plugin is identified as no compatible, please can you update your plugin ?

Thanks

9. Shukuyen
    • Premium Supporter

Shukuyen Community Plugin Dev

Developer
    Ratings:
    +261 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Will do, thanks for the heads up!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. dojo80

dojo80 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

are there any known issues with the Windows 10 anniversary update?
    I can't connect with Couchpotato or MPRemote S anymore, before the update everything worked fine.
    I'm using MP 1.15.0 and remote plugin 0.8.3.

11. Eggert
    • Premium Supporter

Eggert MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi Shukuyen,

I am using MP also as radio but not from webstreams but via DVB-S.

I wonder why the ChannelName will be sent in the status message as Title.
    The ChannelName (and ID) in the nowplaying message is wrong and I don't know where he gets this information from. Is this a bug?

BR-KLASSIK is the correct playing channel in this case.

Received message: {"Type":"status","IsPlaying":true,"IsPaused":false,"IsPlayerOnTop":false,"Title":"BR-KLASSIK","CurrentModule":"Radio","SelectedItem":"NDR 2","WindowId":30}​

Received message: {"Type":"nowplaying","Duration":15524,"File":"F:\\Video\\Temp\\live4-0.ts.tsbuffer","Position":15523,"IsTv":false,"IsFullscreen":false,"MediaInfo":{"MediaType":"radio","MpExtId":"933","MpExtMediaType":12,"MpExtProviderId":0,"ChannelId":933,"ChannelName":"NDR Kultur","ArtistName":"","CurrentProgramId":0,"CurrentProgramName":null,"CurrentProgramDescription":null,"CurrentProgramBegin":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","CurrentProgramEnd":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","NextProgramId":0,"NextProgramName":null,"NextProgramDescription":null,"NextProgramBegin":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","NextProgramEnd":"\/Date(-62135596800000+0100)\/","IsWebStream":false,"CurrentUrl":null}}
    Thanks!
    Eggert

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!