WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.3 [2011-07-12]

EDIT: You only have to update it for Mediaportal extension installer:)

Can you tell me where I can find more information about that?
    I already had problems with the update.xml stuff, the documentation is kind of puzzling ...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.3 [2011-07-12]

EDIT: You only have to update it for Mediaportal extension installer:)

Can you tell me where I can find more information about that?
    I already had problems with the update.xml stuff, the documentation is kind of puzzling ...

I'm sory, I have no idea, i'm not a plugin developer.. But version 3.0.0 was is still in the extensions installer, so you have done the trick before right?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.3.1 [2011-07-12]

Trying to install version 0.3.1 for Ampdroid 0.8

But all Wifiremote versions for Mediaportal 1.2 Beta gets disabled, because version check fails.

I'm running Mediaportal version 1.2 Beta(ver. 1.1.7.0)

Is this a error in the 1.2 Beta versions of Wifiremote, or has something gone wrong in my Mepo?

/Morten

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

yep - already tried both (Link & delete+reinstall) :-(

configuration log shows:

2011-07-19 18:37:59.190429 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: loadPlugins C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\WifiRemote.dll
    2011-07-19 18:37:59.212890 [Warn.][Config Main(1)]: Plugin Manager: Plugin WifiRemote.WifiRemote is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: WifiRemote.dll)

I assume, that someone has this running on 1.2 Beta.......so maybe something is wrong in my MePo?!?

Just dont know, how to fix this kind of issue

/Morten

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

yep - already tried both (Link & delete+reinstall) :-(

configuration log shows:

2011-07-19 18:37:59.190429 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: loadPlugins C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\WifiRemote.dll
    2011-07-19 18:37:59.212890 [Warn.][Config Main(1)]: Plugin Manager: Plugin WifiRemote.WifiRemote is incompatible with the current MediaPortal version! (File: WifiRemote.dll)

I assume, that someone has this running on 1.2 Beta.......so maybe something is wrong in my MePo?!?

Just dont know, how to fix this kind of issue

/Morten

Hi Morten,

yes I have it running in 1.2 beta.
    can you please send me a private message with your email address, I can then send you the dll without the installer. Maybe that helps.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shukuyen,

Is it possibe to modify the .xml file to get WiFiRemote to get IRSS commands mapped to an WiFi device? If so, would it be possible to add an extra button within CouchPotato so that you can turn the TV/AMP on and off using the iPhone?

Just a thought.

Robbo100

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Shukuyen,

Is it possibe to modify the .xml file to get WiFiRemote to get IRSS commands mapped to an WiFi device? If so, would it be possible to add an extra button within CouchPotato so that you can turn the TV/AMP on and off using the iPhone?

Just a thought.

Robbo100

Hey Robbo100,

we have planned to support the execution of external applications (Issue 39 - wifiremote - Execute external application on MP server - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting), I think this will allow you to do what you want.

You would define a list of programs in WifiRemote setup that can be executed (these may for example be scripts to turn on/off a tv or something like that). This list would then appear inside the clients, a click on a list item will execute the external application.

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the great plugin.
    :D

I've started working on a web based remote control application. I've got the basics working, Bonjour discovery of the media portal clients on the network (using Bonjour.NET). My web site then opens up a socket to send commands to WifiRemote.

I've not bothered using an Asynchronous socket as I didn't think I really needed it, or have I got that wrong? My app seems to "freeze up" every now and then. It's easily remedied by going back to the home page and re-selecting the mediaportal client again, which re-opens the socket. So, I suspect it's something I'm doing wrong in handling the responses coming back to my web app.

Anyway, what I really wanted to ask is if it's possible to retrieve things like video/photo/music folder paths. Ideally I'd like to provide much more than a simple remote control. I'd like to provide some kind of interface for selecting movies/music/photos/videos directly from my web app and then it just tell mediaportal to start playing a file / playlist.

So, I'd be looking to pull information from Moving Pictures as a starter for 10.

Thanks so much for your efforts on this plugin. If any of the stuff I've asked would require further development, I could take that on if you're willing to accept help from other developers.

Regards.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi sixgun,

I've not bothered using an Asynchronous socket as I didn't think I really needed it, or have I got that wrong? My app seems to "freeze up" every now and then. It's easily remedied by going back to the home page and re-selecting the mediaportal client again, which re-opens the socket. So, I suspect it's something I'm doing wrong in handling the responses coming back to my web app.

When the socket to WifiRemote is closed and opened again you have to go through the auth process again. Maybe that's the problem. Hard to say something specific without knowing your code, but I would suggest to log what exactly WifiRemote is sending - this should give you a clue what is expected from your client.

Anyway, what I really wanted to ask is if it's possible to retrieve things like video/photo/music folder paths. Ideally I'd like to provide much more than a simple remote control. I'd like to provide some kind of interface for selecting movies/music/photos/videos directly from my web app and then it just tell mediaportal to start playing a file / playlist.

So, I'd be looking to pull information from Moving Pictures as a starter for 10.

Thanks so much for your efforts on this plugin. If any of the stuff I've asked would require further development, I could take that on if you're willing to accept help from other developers.

Regards.

Access to the medialibrary is already done by other plugins/services. You may have a look at "GMA WebServices", this is used by aMPdroid and hopefully soon by CouchPotato, too. Once you have the file you want to play you can do this through WifiRemote. The commands you may want to look into are:

WifiRemote's play command still needs a lot of improvement (at the moment you can only play a file by filename, we want to be able to for example play a Moving Pictures movie by ID and fill the GUI with all relevant info, set the file as watched etc). There is an open task for this here Issue 60 - wifiremote - Allow to start a video with item type and id - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting so if you feel like this is something of interest for you, you may talk to DieBagger and have a go at it :) Any help with the plugin is greatly appreciated.

Hope that helps,
    Shukuyen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom