WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.2 [2011-05-05]

dear all,

ineed some help to set up the MediaPortal with an "Ipad Remote"

im just new to all this Media Portal and CouchPotato stuff and i have the following problem. I want to use an Ipad as Remote but it doesnt work. I ve installed the app at the ipad and the plugin for wifi remote but i cant get an connection to the MP server. I use MP 1.1.3.0 in a win7 64bit System. I would be glad if someone can help. Which further information do you need ?

zarzura

Hi Zarzura,

If you say you can't get a connection, do you mean you see the server in CouchPotato's server list but it doesn't connect when you tap it or do you mean the server doesn't appear in the list?
    Please check your MediaPortal.log file for errors with WifiRemote. You can also contact me directly via mail and in German here: support at couchpotatoapp.net

Bye,
    Shukuyen

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.2 [2011-05-05]

Hi all! Great plugin! But with it i have some troubles with resume from standby. here is logs.
    When disabling it - no errors, resume perfectly. When enabled - MP crashes on resume.
    See today's logs.
    :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi all! Great plugin! But with it i have some troubles with resume from standby. here is logs.
    When disabling it - no errors, resume perfectly. When enabled - MP crashes on resume.
    See today's logs.
    :D

Hi Andrusha,

this is an error that is possibly fixed in the next WifiRemote version. WifiRemote 0.3 will be released in the next day(s).
    Also you don't seem to have Bonjour installed. If you don't need that (in other words if your client app is not CouchPotato) please disable it on the first tab of WifiRemote config. There is a "Disable Bonjour" checkbox that needs to be checked if you don't want to use Bonjour.

If you want to use Bonjour please install it from here: http://download.info.apple.com/Mac_OS_X/061-5788.20081215.5t9Uk/Bonjour64Setup.exe (for win 64 bit) and check that the Bonjour service in windows is running.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Shukuyen, thanx for quick reply! I have an android based phone, so I don't need bonjour service. It was disabled on plugin.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey

Shukuyen, thanx for quick reply! I have an android based phone, so I don't need bonjour service. It was disabled on plugin.
    Actually you are mistaken. :D I was under the same impression when I first installed...
    Bonjour must be installed on your PC which is running the MediaPortal.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It doesn't need to be installed if you check the "Disable Bonjour" checkbox in WifiRemote configuration. I will make this easier to understand and less cumbersome in the next version.

Andrusha777, reading your log file it looks like it isn't disabled, this may cause the crash. Please try with disabled Bonjour, also WifiRemote 0.3 (will be released this week). If that doesn't help we need to do some debugging.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.3 [2011-07-12]

WifiRemote version 0.3 has been released!
    You can find download links in the first post.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

I have upgraded to version 0.3, and when I enter the plugin in Mediaportal configuration, I get the following message:

Failed to locate assembly 'ZeroconfService, Version=0.6.0.0,...................................

Any idea?

Best regards

EDIT: I have downloaded the zeroservice files from the google site.. If more people have this problem:

-download this files: http://code.google.com/p/zeroconfignetservices/downloads/detail?name=ZeroConf.zip&can=2&q=
    -Extract them to the Mediaportal installation folder.

Best regads again;)

And another Edit.. Can't open Mediaportal with version 0.3 installed! Mediaportal is loading, but on the last moment, Mediaportal stopped working.. The size of v0.3 is much smaller than v0.2, is this correct??

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

something must have gone wrong while merging dll's. Will fix that immediately. Shouldn't put out updates when it's sleeping time, sorry about that!

Edit: Fixed, updated version ready for download. Sorry for this!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

something must have gone wrong while merging dll's. Will fix that immediately. Shouldn't put out updates when it's sleeping time, sorry about that!

Edit: Fixed, updated version ready for download. Sorry for this!

Haha, no problem men.. Thanks for solving It so fast! :)

EDIT: You only have to update it for Mediaportal extension installer:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom