WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.2 [2011-10-07]

Hi yesterday I installed your plugin but I have one big problem. As soon as the firewall is activated it doesn't work anymore. And yes I added the port manually to the firewall rules. I'm running my MP on Vista. Are there any other ports that I need to allow? Things like Airmouse which is also using bonjour service is working just fine.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.2 [2011-10-07]

Hi yesterday I installed your plugin but I have one big problem. As soon as the firewall is activated it doesn't work anymore. And yes I added the port manually to the firewall rules. I'm running my MP on Vista. Are there any other ports that I need to allow? Things like Airmouse which is also using bonjour service is working just fine.

WifiRemote only needs the configured TCP port and default Bonjour ports if you use Bonjour.
    How are you testing it and what isn't working anymore exactly? Also please post your MediaPortal.log file when starting MediaPortal in debug mode. Thanks!

WifiRemote 0.5 released

We just released WifiRemote 0.5 for you to download! You can get it from our Google Code page, via the MediaPortal Extension Installer (MePo 1.2) and the MediaPortal download repository. If you still use MediaPortal 1.1.3 update to 1.2 please download the legacy package from Google Code!

Thanks to DieBagger and JitterJames (from VoxCommando, now available for MediaPortal) for their contributions! Also thanks to ltfearme for pointing me to the Trakt plugin for inspiration ;)

What's new

New commands
    • MP-TVSeries:
      * playepisode
      * playunwatchedepisode
      * playrandomepisode
      * playseason
      * playseries
    • MovingPictures
      * moviedetails
      * playmovie
    • Playlist
      * fill music playlist with sql
      * load playlist from playlist folder or path
    • ActivateWindow (with load parameters)
    • MPExtended:
      * PlayMediaItem

Fixes
    • MovingPictures didn't appear in the plugin list
    • Screensaver now cancelled on each incoming command

Please note that to use the new commands you have to use a client that supports them. Until then you won't notice a difference.

dacore944

Portal Member
    June 12, 2007
    Hi, is it also possible to use your plugin with the remote app of iPhone or iPad. I ask this because in foobar you have an extension which also works with the bonjour service. With this plugin you can make playlists in the remote app (from apple) and select a song from the list to play directly. It would be great if this was also possible from media portal.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, is it also possible to use your plugin with the remote app of iPhone or iPad. I ask this because in foobar you have an extension which also works with the bonjour service. With this plugin you can make playlists in the remote app (from apple) and select a song from the list to play directly. It would be great if this was also possible from media portal.

The short answer would be "no".

The long answer is that I have no idea how the Apple remote app does its thing. But it will listen for a different Bonjour service than WifiRemote publishes, it will use a different mechanism to connect and transfer data and so on. So without serious rewriting WifiRemote won't be able to do what you want.

I am working on media library functionality for CouchPotato though. Anything related to playlists isn't in yet, but maybe you want to keep an eye on development.

PServais

Portal Member
    July 31, 2008
    Maastricht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Shukuyen,

Great plugin!
    Using it to connect commandfusion iviewer with MP.
    One issue: when stopping a music track the plugin sends a update message with isPlaying:true instead of isPlaying:false
    When I do anything so that the plugin sends a new update message, the isPlaying is the correct one (false).
    When stopping a movie or serie it sends the correct update message.
    Can you please explain?

Greetings Patrick

PS. did you get my PM?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen,

Great plugin!
    Using it to connect commandfusion iviewer with MP.
    One issue: when stopping a music track the plugin sends a update message with isPlaying:true instead of isPlaying:false
    When I do anything so that the plugin sends a new update message, the isPlaying is the correct one (false).
    When stopping a movie or serie it sends the correct update message.
    Can you please explain?

Greetings Patrick

PS. did you get my PM?

Hi Patrick,

sorry, I totally overlooked your PM but answered it now!
    What you describe is a bug in WifiRemote (see here for more information: Issue 65 - wifiremote - Status message not sent for playback stopped - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting). I am not sure yet how to fix it, though ...

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Duflez

November 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi there, I am just starting out with MediaPortal and all it's associated goodies so excuse me if I have missed something simple.
    I have installed latest versions of everything just a couple of days ago, MediaPortal, MyTVSeries, etc. Have now been through the steps to install aMPdroid which of course includes WiFiRemote 0.5.0.

All other aspects of the app are working fine such as GMA service to view listing of shares, etc but no matter what I do I cannot get WiFiRemote to work properly, either through aMPdroid or the WiFiRemote Demo Client. The 2 results I get are: "Remote Connection Couldn't Be Made" in aMPdroid and just a disconnect in Demo (most common), or where it just sits there trying to connect infinitely. I have tried about every combination I can think of in regards to:
    * authentication on/off
    * firewall on/off, including manually opening ports
    * am using IP addresses only, not hostnames
    * QR code setup or manual setup
    * tried other ports apart from the standard 8017
    * av software on/off

The host machine is running Windows XP SP3 (fully patched). All programs/plugins/services related to MediaPortal and WiFiRemote are the latest stable versions available.

If someone could please help me in where I should look next or where I can find some log files to post, etc then I would much appreciate it, I have spent many many hours trying to get this working with no luck.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi there, I am just starting out with MediaPortal and all it's associated goodies so excuse me if I have missed something simple.
    I have installed latest versions of everything just a couple of days ago, MediaPortal, MyTVSeries, etc. Have now been through the steps to install aMPdroid which of course includes WiFiRemote 0.5.0.

All other aspects of the app are working fine such as GMA service to view listing of shares, etc but no matter what I do I cannot get WiFiRemote to work properly, either through aMPdroid or the WiFiRemote Demo Client. The 2 results I get are: "Remote Connection Couldn't Be Made" in aMPdroid and just a disconnect in Demo (most common), or where it just sits there trying to connect infinitely. I have tried about every combination I can think of in regards to:
    * authentication on/off
    * firewall on/off, including manually opening ports
    * am using IP addresses only, not hostnames
    * QR code setup or manual setup
    * tried other ports apart from the standard 8017
    * av software on/off

The host machine is running Windows XP SP3 (fully patched). All programs/plugins/services related to MediaPortal and WiFiRemote are the latest stable versions available.

If someone could please help me in where I should look next or where I can find some log files to post, etc then I would much appreciate it, I have spent many many hours trying to get this working with no luck.

Just use the MediaPortal log collecting tool -> Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Shukuyen,

Nice work with the plug-in! I first used it together with Couchpotato and have now implemented a lot of the remote functionality in Command Fusions iViewer that are running on an Ipad. In general it work great but I have some small issues...

-I use a progress-bar that are updated to show the duration and also send seek position if the user moves the bar. I had an issue with seek position when an iso image was played, is that a known bug?

-Swedish letters (ÅÄÖåäö) are not showed correctly. I get them fine when using the JSON interface with MPExtended TAS so I guess that it's a problem WifiRemote. I use JSON.parse(data) in both cases in JavaScript.

-I can get artwork to show up in IViewer with the WifiRemote image command, it is however not straight forward and a bit slow to use in CommandFusion. The use of images are natively supported in Command Fusion with the use of an URL and not with base 64 encoded byte array. One has to use a webserver running in Javascript within Iviewer that handle the image. Do you now if there is a way to load an image with URL with the MPExtended project? I could not find this when looking at their wiki. I have just compiled and installed MPExtended so I'm a bit new to this project. My first plan is to implement an EPG with a moving list in Command Fusion where all the channels thubs need to be requested so I want this to be fast.

Thanks,

Johan

Duflez

November 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Just use the MediaPortal log collecting tool -> Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out I was slightly premature in posting. After hours of troubles and not being able to sort it out I decided for one last attempt to UNINSTALL Bonjour from my system and then hit the "disable bonjour" option in the configuration. Now I have done this the WiFiRemote connects fine through Demo Client and aMPdroid.

Only issue now is with aMPdroid, but that isn't for this thread as the WiFiRemote component is working 100%.

Now just to add - brilliant plugin, going to make things much much easier for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom