WifiRemote for MP2 (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @FreakyJ What commands are currently supported for starting media in MP2? I'm need to check if the id thing with int in MP1 and string in MP2 is an issue. The commands for starting media in MP1 is not fully working so I guess I will have to separate them when sending commands to MP1 or MP2. Where should we have the identifier that says that I'm connected to MP2 and not MP1? E.g. in welcome message.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What commands are currently supported for starting media in MP2?
    Somehow I thought this is the MP2Extended thread :D Sorry for the confusing PM^^

{ "movingpictures", ParserMovingpictures.Parse },
    { "mpext", ParserMPExt.Parse },

Where should we have the identifier that says that I'm connected to MP2 and not MP1?
    Hmm good question. Maybe implement an extra call so that we don' confuse other CLients?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I am working a bit on the WifiRemote while waiting for the MIA rework^^
    I would like to navigate to a certain screen from within my plugin.
    A short example:
    I would like to navigate to this screen and select a certain video, so that I can see the information:
    targetScreen.png

How would I do that? Is it possible at all?
    I was browsing around and found something like MediaNavigationModel.GetCurrentInstance().NavigationData.AvailableScreens but I am not sure if this is very helpful :/
    Any input from your side would be great! I need something like that quite often o_O

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't try this before, and the media navigation is quite complicated under the hood (but on the other hand very flexible). I need to check this in detail...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am working a bit on the WifiRemote while waiting for the MIA rework^^
    I would like to navigate to a certain screen from within my plugin.
    A short example:
    I would like to navigate to this screen and select a certain video, so that I can see the information:
    Some questions at the beginning:
    How do you navigate through the movies library? Do you use the MP2 configured hierarchy? Example: user could have selected "genre -> collection -> movies" as default.

If so, we would need to make the browsing action on remote linked to the actual screens/data.

If not, i.e. you are only showing a simple list of all movies, then we have other options:
    1) We use only the "show all movie items" layout, load all movies and select the one you like
    2) We traverse the user hierarchy until the item is found. In the example above you see the problems: i.e. we would need to know the genre to navigate deeper to collection, and in the end to the movies themselves.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    From a user perspective I would prefer if it one get the full browsing history to the media item. In MP1 one only show the selected item but the browsing hierarchy to get there is ignored. So pressing back and one get to previous place. So say that I have watched a serie episode(started from MPiV) and want to get subtitles to the next episode in the same series. Then I try to use this feature to show the current episode. But say that MP1 was at EPG before I started the episode, then it will get back to EPG when browsing back. Instead of going to the season of the series.

For me it's not so important if the correct filtering is done. I would go with all movies/series/music and then browse to the correct media item. The important thing is to be able to browse close to the media item and perform tasks that is not possible from the client. E.g. fetching subtitles.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do you navigate through the movies library? Do you use the MP2 configured hierarchy? Example: user could have selected "genre -> collection -> movies" as default.
    I don't exactly what you want to know, but I try my best :)

For example one can send the command "movingpictures" with the action "moviedetails" and the parameter "MovieName". This example would bring you to the screen shown above from everypoint. So if you are in the EPG it would jump to the screen above, the same if you are in the config, watching a movie etc...
    Does that make sense?

I think option 1 would be sufficient also option would be nicer for the reasons mentioned by johanj. But MP1 works the same as option 1 so it is up to you what you think is the best?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom