Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (3 Viewers)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi i think it will not be possible to do it because it needed to be in some part of code. I will look again but I don't think I will be able to change current mode. For example madvr does the refresh rate on his own and MP can't know when. Better will be that windows fix it on his side along with gpu side.
    Yes, hopefully Intel or MS will sort it out properly in the end. But for now your work-around is working well for me to stop the black screen on resume. Is it resizing the window on focus of the main screen, so it doesn't know the difference between a resume from standby and a return from playing a video? (I'm not moaning BTW - just interested :) )

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, the workaround need to have many place to be trigger, i didn't succeed to avoid this flickering GUI because the workaround minimize/restore MP GUI.
    I did try the Volume workaround, for it i have show/hide the Volume OSD but the blackscreen seems to be always present randomly while minimize/restore seems to works each time :p

I can retry again Volume OSD trick, i can even put some bin for you to test ? (but we need to test the refresh rate change too)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try attached bin ? (backup yours before replacing it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" :p
    Those try to create a hidden windows and kill it.

@Freuli are you able to test too ?
    @daWooky too ? (on 1709)

It's based on V447 version

Last edited:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems ok with tv and video only ov still tend to flickers a bit on start stop but its working....
    btw. i usedd the nv 396 driver without 3d vision and had no problems with driver crashes so far...but I will install it again now. I'm very curious if it collapses again.. want some logs

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Will upload a new build in first madVR forum thread :p (V448) with the above fix, so if it works for good, now MP will not be minimize and restored so looks better :p

Chisum

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V448 looks very smooth so far, no flickering on resume or Refresh rate change. But I am only on EVR and do not touch any 3D stuff, so maybe not that helpful. Great work, thanks again(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom