Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (3 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Build V433 Installed and tested. The black screen issue is back.
    But, one time, on resume from standby, this is not the front end of Mediaportal that displayed but the Deskop of Windows...
    No logs, ...next time.

@Sebastiii: One question about the black screen issue (I'm not a programmer).
    Before to use your solution, I pressed twice the "mute button" on my keyboard (mute on, mute off, windows sound) and the the black screen disappeared.
    it was not easier to program? (no flickering screen).

Hey :)
    Look at the new settings please :p
    Also your method make appear the windows OSD volume on top of MP and yes this make the blackscreen goes away, i didn't try to find a way to bring something invisible but didn't find it yet but maybe i will :p
    But first need to know that all is working correctly and then we can try something else :)

Edit : always good to have logs for me to analyse :p

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Sebastiii - One thing I've noticed with this version is the screen flashes a couple of times when stopping a video or recording playback. Presumably this is a fix for people who got black screen when changing refresh rate. I know it's petty, but it would be cool if you could make separate settings for "fix black screen on resume" and "fix black screen on start/stop videos"

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi i think it will not be possible to do it because it needed to be in some part of code. I will look again but I don't think I will be able to change current mode. For example madvr does the refresh rate on his own and MP can't know when. Better will be that windows fix it on his side along with gpu side.

From Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom