Win10 falls creators update problems watching videos (1 Viewer)

joker1639

Portal Pro
May 10, 2009
Hi all!
Since the installation of the falls creators update of win10 i have a big problem:
Whenever i start a video file (h264, mkv, bluray image) the sound of the movie starts, but the screen stays black until i press the win button on the keyboard. I already have tried the option "mediaportal always on top" and i have tried different codecs. Before the falls creators update everything worked perfectly.

I will upload the logfile as soon as possible!

I need help, thanks!

System spec: win 10 pro x64 1709 creators update / AMD Ryzen 1600 / 8Gb crucial 2133 ram /AMD HD 6450 / Samsung 960 evo nvme ssd 250 gb

Last edited:

joker1639

Portal Pro
May 10, 2009
I cannot upload the logfile. Everytime i get this message: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I cannot upload the logfile.
    What type of file are you trying to upload?
    (You should have used the Watchdog tool option 1 or 2 to collect your log files, so the file should be a zip file... and there should be no problem with that.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In my opinion the problem is likely to be your codec settings. I recommend you try LAV video instead of ffdshow.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    i tried it with ffd, lav an Windows codec..... not working. I used shark 007 codec pack before, now i uninstalled and reinstalled 1.18 again with the included lav filters. But still Problems with black Screens after starting the vid or returning to menu

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Nobody any ideas? I already tried a codec pack, standard Microsoft codecs and mediaportal lav codecs. Everytime when i start a movie i can hear the sound, but get a black screen. Somtimes when i hit the windows key on the keyboard the start bar comes up and behind the bar the movie runs in full screen mode? Always on top i already tried......same problem. ...

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Before the falls creators update everything worked perfectly.
    its not broadly released so why not just revert back?
    btw. never use codec packs if u not exactly know how or told else and pls do only one step after another or its damn hard to follow u.
    cheers

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    I was working with the 7 codec pack for the last 10 years, and it worked good for me. I also think, that i know what settings i used there. As i said, before the creators update everything worked as desired. After the update the problem occured. Did not change any settings in windows or the codec.

Is it possible that it has something to do with the new included NET Framework 4.7.1

Don't want to roll back if there is a solution because sooner or later you have to install the creators update.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi again guys!

Right now i did a Rollback to Win10 1703 and everything works flawless again! So i blocked creators update for 365 days now. But sooner or later all win 10 users must update to 1709. i am pretty sure that i will not be the only one who has Problems with 1709 and mediaportal. Somewhere there is a big Problem with this combination. But right now i don't have the time and Motivation to try until it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom