Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (2 Viewers)

jimSelf

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Configure AVS Viz

Is there a way, to change the screen resolution for the Winamp AVS Visualization plug-in?
The "Winamp Vis. Config" button in MPs configuration program just shows the AVS about dialog (actually a "feature" of AVS).
In Winamp you have to right-clck the AVS window when in windowed mode and do changes like the resolution etc. The setting are then stored in the "Documents and settings/user/application data/winamp/winamp.ini. Obviously, they are not used by MP. Is there a workaround?

Regards

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Does your remote have the 4 colour buttons? If so, red should do it.

**edit** nevermind - see you crossposted your question and already got same reply as mine.

Please refrain from posting same question in different threads. Refer forum rules. Thanks.

It's the older version without the colored buttons. I thought I'd be smart and map the DVD Menu button to 'Red Button' in the remote config, but it didn't seem to do it.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Try to map it to action SHOW GUI

Awesome, that worked, thanks! I had tried mapping to 'Show Fullscreen' I had thought show gui would send it back.

Now, what would be cool would be if we could still use the MD toggles to show FPS on/off (F5), switch to random preset (SPACE), et c.

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
Question: Does the Milkdrop-Plugin just recognize any settings? If I disable "Show F1..." in the configuration menu Milkdrop still shows the info everytime it is started.

Also sometimes Milkdrop shows me a black screen for just 15 seconds even while Music is running. It seems that it sometimes fails to load a preset.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Even if we could just edit the config and have it stick, that would be nice. I'd like to be able to hit a button on the remote to change to a random preset (like space bar should do) and always have my fps on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom