Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (5 Viewers)

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have got milkdrop to work but it doesn't react to sound, I'm using MP 1.1 RC1 and Win 7 - my output for audio is via S/Pdif to my A/V receiver.

Anyone got any ideas?

ZeroH

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
What am i doing wrong?

Hey All,

I've been struggling trying to get milkdrop2 working on MP 110.

I copied the vis_milk2.dll into <MPinstall>/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations/Winamp
and the Milkdrop2 contents into <MPinstall>/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations/Winamp/Milkdrop2

When I open MPConfig and select Visualizations, I get this error saying MSVCR90.dll is missing. Where do i get that from and where does it need to go?

TIA.

ZeroH

Portal Member
April 11, 2010
What am i doing wrong?

Hey All,

I copied the vis_milk2.dll into <MPinstall>/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations/Winamp
and the Milkdrop2 contents into <MPinstall>/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations/Winamp/Milkdrop2

When I open MPConfig and select Visualizations, I get this error saying MSVCR90.dll is missing. Where do i get that from and where does it need to go?

TIA.

Anyone?

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What am i doing wrong?

Hey All,

TIA.

Anyone?

The MSVCR90.dll is the runtime library for Microsoft visual C++ 2008. It can be installed by downloading the MS Visual C redistributable package which can be found at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf
-Ron

neverness

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
What am i doing wrong?

Hey All,

TIA.

Anyone?

The MSVCR90.dll is the runtime library for Microsoft visual C++ 2008. It can be installed by downloading the MS Visual C redistributable package which can be found at:
Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
-Ron

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem with MilkDrop 2 and I'm stumped. I've installed both the VC++ redist RaDiKal linked to, plus the SP1 version found here:
The message still appears.

I hunted down the MSVCR90.DLL file and copied it next to vis_milk2.dll, which didn't solve the problem but changed the error message. It now reads:

R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C++ library incorrectly.

I'm using MediaPortal 1.1RC2 on Windows 7 32-bits. My MilkDrop version is 2.2 (the one that comes with the current version of WinAmp, 5.572). I tried some older versions of MilkDrop too, but they seem to freeze or act funny, so I figured the latest is probably the best to use.

Any advice would be very welcome. I'd love to get visualisations working again! Other than this one issue, my 1.1RC2 install is working really well! :D

-- Neverness

neverness

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
did this get solved, im having same issue?

Nope :( I'm still running without my beloved MilkDrop. Version 2.0c can partially work but 9 times in 10 it freezes MediaPortal on startup (it works on the rare occasion, often enough to be frustrating but far from usable). The latest version fails with the library errors above.

Such a shame, it's the only major issue I've had with my 1.1RC2 HTPC build.

Neverness

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Already looking into the issue with no success so far.
    We should/need a manifest file, which points to the new MFC dlls.
    But whatever i do, they seem not to be picked up.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    For people that are not getting visualisations reacting to sound try this:

Goto MP's music config playback settings and set the option "Upmix to 5.1 / 7.1", I also set the output level to 95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom