Winamp Visualisations. Finally :-) (7 Viewers)

rkooten

Portal Pro
August 3, 2008
Home Country
Make sure the code I posted above is in myMusicFullscreenVisualization.xml. MP needs those id's for some really weird (in a doesn't-make-sense-way) reason.

It worked for me, see if it helps.

For the developers: while I was troubleshooting I gave the container (musicFullscreen.xml) a red background and that showed me that the container does scale to fullscreen. It's just the Windows-control that doesn't scale.

lazaru5

September 24, 2006
Hi,

i have milkdrop 2.21 running on MP. I use MP 1.1 final and Win 7. Milkdrop works, but not correct. It seems there is no connection to the beat. I already read this :

I had the same problem and I think I solved it by UNselecting "Show visualization (BASS player only)" under Music -> Now playing.

It sounds a bit contradictional to me to switch of visualizations to get it to work, but it works for me.

neverness

Portal Member
October 28, 2007
Home Country
Thanks to all those who helped in this forum/thread, I now have Milkdrop 2.2 working great in MP 1.1.0, ALMOST perfectly! It loads without crashing, thanks to the changes hwahrmann made to MP back in 1.1.0RC5. It responds to the beat, thanks to instructions from lazaru5 (I also needed to UN-tick the "Show Visualization (BASS player only)" tick box to get it responding to the beat! When the tick box is ON, beat does NOT respond!) My full-screen mode works thanks to rkooten's skin code. And Paranoid Delusion and BassFan are right that you seem to need to zap the configuration files and never use the MP Configuration tool to access the Milkdrop config page, or it'll wreck it.

Now, I'm missing ONE last piece to make this perfect, which is animated song titles. They used to work way back in the distant past, but I'm not getting them at all in MP 1.1.0 with Milkdrop 2.2 (which is the only configuration I have where Milkdrop works, so it's all I can test with at present).

I think that song titles may not be being passed through to Milkdrop by MediaPortal at all. I hand-edited the milk2.ini file that was created after an initial launch, which is very minimal. I added a line that was copied from my WinAmp version of milk2.ini, which was:

Code:
fTimeBetweenRandomSongTitles=2.000000

With WinAmp running Milkdrop, this means you get the song title animated on the viz every couple of seconds, which is annoying but really visible for testing. On MediaPortal though, you never see it.

I thought that maybe the text/font rendering part might be somehow broken when Milkdrop was running through MediaPortal, so I tested this by enabling the random messages feature of Milkdrop. To do this I copied milk2_msg.ini from AppData/Roaming/Winamp/Plugins into the MediaPortal/MusicPlayer/plugins/visualizations folder and added this line to milk2.ini:

Code:
fTimeBetweenRandomCustomMsgs=2.000000

The random text messages DO show up in MediaPortal then, so font rendering is working. That makes me believe that the song titles simply aren't being passed to Milkdrop - it can't display what it doesn't have!

Can any MediaPortal devs comment on that?

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions on this thread so far, and for making MediaPortal the awesome software that it is!

-- neverness

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    The only way I could get a beat reaction going was to tick the "upmix stereo to 5.1 / 7/1" option. None of the other voodoo worked.

I have also just found that you CAN have the milkdrop ini files, here's how: Whenever you finish a config session and it creates a milk2.ini file, open it in a text editor and find the line that reads "skin=0" and delete it. MP should then run as normal without hanging at the splash screen.

Btw I'm using milkdrop 2.2

- Pog

B

BassFan

AW: Winamp Visualisations. Finally :)

neverness
    With WinAmp running Milkdrop, this means you get the song title animated on the viz every couple of seconds, which is annoying but really visible for testing. On MediaPortal though, you never see it.
    it work at all with songtitle and so on..
    i think hWahrman has not implement the Subclass for Songtitle in to Mediaportal
    so you can not see Playing title in the Vis Window from Milk or other Plugin.

to beat reaction
    hWahrman use a old BassVis.DLL version with new Milk2.21 this can not work perfect on this time..
    the right version of BassVis should be 2.4.1.9
    hWahrman used 2.4.1.6 i think that can not work correctly

it work 100% by me with BassVis 2.4.1.9 and Milk2.21

greets

neverness

Portal Member
    October 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Pog:
    The only way I could get a beat reaction going was to tick the "upmix stereo to 5.1 / 7/1" option. None of the other voodoo worked.

I have also just found that you CAN have the milkdrop ini files, here's how: Whenever you finish a config session and it creates a milk2.ini file, open it in a text editor and find the line that reads "skin=0" and delete it. MP should then run as normal without hanging at the splash screen.

Very interesting info, Pog. I had that ticked already and never un-ticked it, so I guess that's why it worked for me with some of the other voodoo! Also good to know what the corrupting influence in the milk2.ini file is from MP Configuration!

BassFan:
    it work 100% by me with BassVis 2.4.1.9 and Milk2.21

That definitely looks like it's working, with titles too! Is upgrading BassVis something I can do myself? Or will I need a new MediaPortal build?

-- neverness

B

BassFan

I am also interested in the updated BassVis files.

The problem is the following
    many plugins will have the right order
    many plugins require a correct sequence
    musicfile, path to a musicfile and so on
    if something is missing to make my dynamic-link library (DLL) to cooperate properly with the plug-ins.

i can not send the new DLL that not work
    without the right WrapperClass for C#

sorry

i hope you understand my bad english
    ----------------------------------
    Viele plugins benötigen eine richtige Reihenfolge um korrekt zu laufen
    Musikdatei, Pfad zu einer Musikdatei usw..
    Wenn irgendetwas fehlt kann meine DLL nicht richtig mit den Plugins zusammen arbeiten.

Ich kann die DLL nicht schicken
    Diese benötigt eine seperate WrapperClass für C# die im Quelltext eingebaut (verwendet) werden muss.

Entschuldigung!
    Ich hoffe ihr könnt mein schlechtes Englisch verstehen.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

I am also interested in the updated BassVis files.

The problem is the following
    many plugins will have the right order
    many plugins require a correct sequence
    musicfile, path to a musicfile and so on
    if something is missing to make my dynamic-link library (DLL) to cooperate properly with the plug-ins.

i can not send the new DLL that not work
    without the right WrapperClass for C#

sorry

i hope you understand my bad english
    ----------------------------------
    Viele plugins benötigen eine richtige Reihenfolge um korrekt zu laufen
    Musikdatei, Pfad zu einer Musikdatei usw..
    Wenn irgendetwas fehlt kann meine DLL nicht richtig mit den Plugins zusammen arbeiten.

Ich kann die DLL nicht schicken
    Diese benötigt eine seperate WrapperClass für C# die im Quelltext eingebaut (verwendet) werden muss.

Entschuldigung!
    Ich hoffe ihr könnt mein schlechtes Englisch verstehen.

Maybe you can send it to Helmuth - so he can make the required changes and submit them to SVN ?

THanks, Guzzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom