Windows 10 power options for sleep (2 Viewers)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    But you are being very kind to be so helpful. It is appreciated;)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Oooo it does!

Trying to uninstall the Bonjour Service i get the message in the box

the following applications should be closed before continuing the install:

"Windows 10 power options for sleep (page 2) Mediaportal HTPC-Google Chrome"

Any ideas team?

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Did it anyway. There was an option to ignore so i tapped & uninstalled Bonjour Service. We shall see

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Didnt work. I will try again tomorrow. I think i will have to give PowerScheduler another go

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    which is probably the automatic reimport of shares that you haven't disabled yet.

You suggested the above earlier. I am not an IT expert unlike delightful contributor MX. Sorry off point.......he was the chap with the slow gui. .....Very funny.

What is importing shares? How do i disable that please?

Is MX from the deep south of the Usa? Does he say yee haa & have a spitoon whilst smoking a cigar?

Lacanox keep to the point please!

Sorry

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    could you maybe comment if the PS is required on a standard MP2 setup?
    Opposite to MP1 the PS plugin only is a Server plugin in the MP2 world. It is activated the same way as in MP1 TV configuration and it does similar things than in MP1 TV Server.
    If you want to schedule recordings and for this the system should awake by time, then PowerScheduler plugin is needed. Also if you want to wake up the system for maintenance like EPG- grabbing and/or automatic reboot the PS plugin also is useful.

I have read posts that say in MP2 the power management can all be done by windows 10
    This is not exactly what was told there. PowerScheduler has two options how the power saving can be handled. One option is, PS is doing all by itself. This is the preferred way if your HTPC did not go to sleep properly without MP2 doing anything. If all power saving options are working normal when MP2 did not do anything, then you better use the second option and leave the power handling to windows. There are two checkboxes in the TV configuration tool for this.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

The tick at "Apply recommended..." like in this screenshot is leaving the power handling to windows. If you untick this and instead tick "PowerScheduler forces..." then the power handling is done by PS...
    Before you can see this options, you need to change the config- interface to "Expert- Mode" in "General" tab...
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

PowerScheduler plugin has many, many options and could use an own tutorial. But as usual, nobody had the time to do so up to now...

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you yet again for all your kind help chaps:)

. I will have a further play today. I might even do a complete uninstall & start again. I think part of my issue is that i have a lot running on my machine. It is partialy my video recorder. Also my itunes audio center. As well i edit recorded progs with video re do, knocking out adverts. But as well a back up machine for my lap top. So there are many things that could be making it wake up or notwake up when it should.

If i resolve my problems i will post them here.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello team,

Re set power options windows to Balanced. Enabled s3 standby. Re activated SP. Enabled under Sp processes prevent standby when MP2 not active. In SP enabled windows recommended power plan. Enabled re initialise TV Controller. I have twin hauppauge win tv duet usb tuners. MP2 recommends i use the re initialise if i have hauppauge.

Sorry not used the right nomenclature, but im sure you get the jist.

Understand shares, so thanks. I dont use it. 1 seat system nothing to share!, or network. Recording now. It woke up will see if it goes back to sleep. Thanks again for all your help. Will report.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Understand shares, so thanks. I dont use it. 1 seat system nothing to share!, or network.
    Haha, no you don't understand it yet ;). "Shares" in MP2 refer to the locations where you store your media items, i.e. movies and series, music files, etc. They may reside on local drives or remote locations like a network drive. MP2 will scan these "shares" and identify the respective media items automatically.

Recording now. It woke up will see if it goes back to sleep..
    One more thing sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom